Board of Education-Board Notes for Oct.
Lake County School Board
Board Notes from October 10, 2017:
- We welcomed our new student representative, Emma Dallas.
- We welcomed many community members and heard about the importance of hiring and retaining a diverse staff in our schools. This aligns with one of our key district goals: Diversity and culture make us better. Working toward this end is important to us, and we will be considering next steps to respond to this concern of the community.
- We passed a resolution recognizing October 23 as Green Day—celebrating our district’s preliminary accreditation status as “green” or “performing.” On October 23, we had cake and thank you cards for the hard-working and high-achieving teachers and staff in all of our schools.
Coming up on November 14 at 7 PM AT THE CENTER in the cafeteria—Note the change in location. We are meeting at The Center in order to better focus our attention on this school. Child care will be provided.
- We will say goodbye to Harmony Jump and Katie Baldassar and thank them for their service. We will welcome Jeff Fiedler as our new school board member and hold board officer elections.
- We will focus our attention on early childhood education and hear reports on preschool developments. Join us if you want to learn more about your preschool!
- We will also hear reports on student achievement and accredit our schools.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Katie Baldassar 719-293-3631; Harmony Jump 719-293-2044; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852.