Board of Education-Board Notes for Nov.
Notes from November 14, 2017:
- We welcomed our new board member, Jeff Fielder, and said goodbye and thank you to Harmony Jump and Katie Baldassar for their transformative service.
- We welcomed parents and community members to talk about early childhood education, and we heard from members of the Bright Start board about the challenges of child care for children 0-3. We agreed to continue a conversation about solutions.
- We also heard from the Center’s director Tanya Lenhard, teachers Jackie Lujan and Darcy Byers and special education coordinator, Lauren Bissonnette, and puppet Wally about the Center’s growth in social/emotional and academic learning.
- We welcomed Mayor Greg Labbe, City Services Administrator Sarah Dallas, and LCSD Chief Financial Officer Kate Bartlett to talk about the impact of the Urban Renewal Authority on the school district.
Coming up on December 12 at the District Office (107 Spruce St) at 7 PM:
- We will interview candidates for the open position on the school board.
- We will focus on the culture and climate in our schools. How are we doing on our goal of a diverse and welcoming environment for all students?
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852.