Intervention Paraprofessional – West Park Elementary
Work Year: 179 days; All paraprofessional positions are at-will positions.
SUMMARY: This person is responsible for supporting student academics and supervising students throughout the day.
Supervisor: Building Principal/Academic Dean
Duties may include:
- Supervising students before and after school, at lunchtime in the cafeteria, during recess or at other times during the day – within 8-hour work limits
- Helping teach and model school-wide expectations
- Work directly with students to lead small group and one-on-one student learning intervention activities, specifically using such programs as DIBELS, SPIRE, and Lexia
- Assessing phonemic awareness, phonics, and literacy skills; data gathering as needed to guide small group instruction
- Implementing teacher-directed learning activities and enrichment, with fidelity
- Supplementing learning activities with brain breaks and interventions for support
- May involve assisting with Special Education and English Language Learners within classrooms, one-on-one, or small groups
- May involve leading and supervising small and large groups of students using computers or other technology to implement web-based interventions
- Tracking and documenting growth of students within the small group to demonstrate effectiveness
- Using first responder list for behavior or academic issues, when needed
- Cooperating with building staff to help move students forward academically
- Office support- laminating, creating classroom materials, literacy material organization, etc.
- Other duties as needed
Preferred Qualities and Skills:
- Demonstrates a record of empathy, patience, flexibility, friendliness, and compassion
- Gentle and kind approach with young learners and staff
- Consistent with behavior expectations (lunchroom and playground, specifically)
- Ability to remain calm and react safely
- Strong background of early literacy and behavior
- Quick learning capacity to learn new programs and become competent and independent with tasks
- Excellent communication skills with all people of all ages
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, humility, grit, and growth mindset
- Strong computer skills for data (Excel) and word processing
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.