Project Dream After School Outdoor Activity Leaders needed!
Love kids? Love nature? Love connecting the two?
Project Dream at Lake County School District is looking for an enthusiastic and fun club leader to share their love of the outdoors with students in 3rd-6th grades leading the Get Outdoors Leadville! afterschool Adventure Club. GOL! Adventure Club runs Mondays through Thursdays from 3:45-6:15pm. A minimum of 2 days per week, per leader is preferred. The activity leader can plan anything from hiking, snowshoeing, outdoor games, nature art & crafts, animal tracking, survival skills, biking, etc. Come share your passion and creativity with our next generation of outdoor enthusiasts!
Pay is $15/hr. In addition to club facilitation time, activity leaders are asked to devote 2 hours/week of paid planning time. Total of 12 hours per week through the spring academic semester. A required, paid training for this position will take place on January 8th from 8:00am-3:30pm.
• Passion for the outdoors and environmental education
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Willingness to commit to a 4 day/week after school schedule (Mon-Thurs)
• Ability to pass a background check
• Current first aid/CPR certification or willingness to obtain within one month of employment
• Ability to plan engaging two hour activities
• Experience managing and motivating groups of up to 10 children
Contact Susan Fishman for more information or to submit your interest. SFishman@lakecountyschools.net or 719-293-0115