5th Grade Teacher
We are seeking talented, dynamic, and fun educators for a 5th Grade Teacher (English language arts focus) position in Leadville, CO!
We are an Expeditionary Learning school that focuses on three parts of every child’s education: mastery of knowledge and skills, strength of character, and high quality work.
Lake County is located two hours west of Denver in the heart of Colorado’s highest peaks at 10,200 feet.
There are about 7,000 people in Lake County, and Leadville is the main city. Many adults commute to work in the service industry in nearby ski areas. We have a strong history of mining, adventure recreation, and outdoor enthusiasm.
Lake County Schools seeks teachers who are able to:
- build a caring classroom community based on mutual trust and respect
- design experiential/project-based learning
- collaborate effectively with teammates around planning, data analysis and differentiation
- receive feedback and reflect on their professional practice regularly
- empower students to be thinkers and own their learning
- support English Language Learners through their daily instruction
- plan instruction that meets a variety of learners’ needs taking into account learning style, interests and academic need
- plan and implement active, hands-on instruction that engages all learners
- innovate with instruction through the use of technology
- use data to drive instruction in a variety of ways
Click here to apply.