Operations & Culture Manager (TOSA)
Reports to: LCIS Principal
Responsible for the direction and supervision of all operational and culture functions in the school. Specific duties include leading student culture across the building; planning and coordinating school functions, projects and activities; monitoring and resolving student discipline / behavior problems; supervising and coaching employees; attending various meetings and conferences; leading the building operations leadership team (BOLT); managing facility use and facilitating maintenance, safety and transportation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serving as a critical member of the school’s administrative leadership team.
- Responding to and supporting student behaviors; working with teachers and families to develop and implement behavior and safety plans. Monitor and address student discipline, safety and welfare issues by holding meetings with parents, investigating incidents, conducting threat assessments, documenting findings, contacting proper authorities and conforming to legal requirements and regulations.
- Leading the Building Operations Leadership Team.
- Leading culture processes and procedures in the building. Providing support, leadership and coaching for Crew, Celebrations of Learning and community meetings.
- Partnering with the principal and school designer on West Park’s implementation of Expeditionary Learning.
- Coaching teachers around management and culture including how to support special education student needs.
- Leading assessment / testing scheduling and implementation across the building.
- Overseeing and lead the development of schedules, including the daily schedule, duty schedules, testing schedules, etc.
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating school functions including athletics, student activities and assemblies.
- Supervising duty teachers to ensure that duties are completed and systems and procedures are in place and followed.
- Facilitating communication with parents. Fostering an attitude of cooperation and positive support with all school stakeholders and parents
- Working closely with all school, parent and community organizations to increase parent involvement
- Attending parent meetings along with the principal, where appropriate.
- Managing facility use and maintenance including grounds and site security operations
- Attending instructional development meetings, conferences, in-service trainings and other events as per agreement with the principal.
- Being the contact for outside district departments including, facilities, food service, transportation and other applicable district and outsider resources.
- Maintaining ongoing contact with the district and community regarding student recruitment and family engagement activities (e.g., school tours, events involving the community)
- Leading and coordinating the building emergency response team and ensuring implementation of the Standard Response Protocol
- Overseeing school-wide data systems (student attendance, tracking the student discipline incidents, managing parent data systems, coordinating community engagement activities).
- Responding with a sense of flexibility and willingness to meet the demands of the job as they come up.
- Performing additional duties and responsibilities as needed to meet the needs of the organization
- Understanding of standards based education
- Knowledge of content standards
- Minimum of 3 years of successful classroom experience
- Skills collaborating with teachers and administrators
- Track record of positively impacting student performance
- Knowledge of literacy strategies across all subjects
- Experience with research based instructional practices
- Skill in using data to make instructional decisions
- Ability to understand and lead adult learners
- Instructional coaching or administrative experience
- Experience working with English language learners
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Understanding of district and school student-achievement data and Colorado State Standards
- Understanding of strategies for second-language learners and special needs students
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, word processing and general software required
Click here to apply