Special Education Teacher – Interventionist
LCIS is seeking an individual to create a flexible special education program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth for all learners; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members. Facilitate quantitative assessment to determine learning disabilities, and diligently write Individualized Education Plans which help the learner achieve. Close monitoring of all special education provisions, laws, and requirements important, as well as Response to Intervention support.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with classroom teachers on implementation of IEP for all learners on caseload.
- Participate and collaborate with Response to Intervention process, prior to special education recommendation.
- Conduct all assessment required with determining student special education eligibility.
- Work closely with parents and families, at least to the minimum of the laws, to ensure excellent communication and clarity around student plans.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Creates engaging lessons and assessments for learners according to curricula requirements.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day, as appropriate.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Oversee and Supervise online intervention blocks for general and special education students.
- Monitor student progress using the online intervention.
- Deliver needed lesson based on the data from the intervention.
- Follow the guidelines of the intervention to ensure fidelity of use.
- Communicate with teachers and leaders as needed to ensure interventions and next steps are followed through for student growth and success.
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Colorado teaching certificate / special education endorsement.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring
Click here to apply.