Board of Education-Board notes for June 2018
Notes from June 12, 2018:
- The board heard from Build A Generation interns Verania Rodriguez and Brayhan Reveles about how to improve the district’s tobacco and drug use prevention work. The interns had done extensive research on both behavioral and environmental factors that influence tobacco and drug use and gave the board specific suggestions for improvement. Thank you to the students and to John Nelson for coordinating the visit.
- The board received an overview from Brenda Caraveo on her work in the last year as a family engagement specialist.
- The board approved the 2018-2019 budget. For an overview of this budget and lots of other information about our school district finances, please visit our Financial Transparency webpage. http://www.lakecountyschools.net/about-us/financial-transparency/
- The board welcomed Michaela Sanchez, who will serve as student representative for 2018-2020.
- The board received an update on the ongoing master planning process and especially on how the next phase of community input will take place.
Coming up on August 14 at 6 PM at District Office Board Room, Room 11 (New location-328 West 5th-Pitts Elementary School):
- The board will receive cultural responsiveness training from the Colorado Department of Education from 6-8. This is the same training that the administration received in May and that faculty and staff will be offered this fall.
- Board president, Amy Frykholm, will provide a summary of the board evaluation from the June annual retreat and the board will discuss priorities for the coming year.
- The board will receive an update on district preparedness for the 2018-2019 school year.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).