Part-Time Kindergarten Paraprofessional
Job Type: Part-time position (average of 3 hours per day) for academic year
- Provide academic support for kindergarten students both within the classroom and for small groups. Activities will be directed by classroom teacher or building administration.
- Willingness to learn new skills, capacity to engage kindergarteners in activities to make learning fun, and excellent professionalism are important to help our youngest learners!
- Hours would be 12:30-3:30 each day for literacy block and literacy lab support, as well as possible teaching preparation activities to support the Kindergarten team
- Possible support during afternoon specials (art, music, PE)
- Exact times of duty and job activities will be determined with the kindergarten team, building administration, and the employee, to best meet the needs of our students.
Essential Job Skills
- Support classroom teacher during large-group instruction of foundational skills, math or literacy.
- Deliver teacher-created, small group lessons in foundational skills, math or literacy.
- Learn the foundational skills, math, literacy, and intervention strategies as needed.
- Assist in implementation of literacy lab centers, writing, and project creation
- Model and implement school-wide policies and expectations.
- Supervise students either in the classroom or in small groups.
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or a GED.
- Applicants must pass all required background checks and fingerprinting.
- Familiarity with early childhood education preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a Classified Application and resume along with a letter of interest stating:
- Why are you perfect for this position?
- Why do you love the kids at WPE?