Primary purpose: Contributing to our EL Education School as part of our CREW involves teaching a dynamic, comprehensive curriculum throughout the day. Relationships, student-led learning, safety, and data driven instruction are fundamental components to helping each student grow to their capacity. We believe in providing a high quality, equitable education for all students in any of our classrooms. At West Park, we love our students so much that we challenge them and set high expectations!
Responsibilities: Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches prescribed curriculum in: reading, language arts, mathematics, phonics, modules and social/emotional skills. Backwards planning and intentional focus on the standards are crucial among teams.
- Develops strong relationships with each learner to foster a sense of CREW.
- Adheres to Common Content Expectations and Learning Environment Expectations.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student. Develops intervention groups as needed.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- F. Collaborates with teammates with a growth mind-set and focus on student achievement.
- Communicates with parents through conferences, email, text, notes, and in-person to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Develops READ plans and contributes to IEP development, as needed.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with testing program, as needed.
- Participates in PLC, PD, MTSS, and other collaborative teams for the benefit of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Colorado teaching certificate
- Strong interpersonal skills, computer proficiency, and demonstrated competence in the classroom.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring
- Familiarity with EL Education, Engage NY, CR Success, and Second Step are preferred, but not necessary for hiring
- Experience with students who are learning English as their second language, remote –mountain towns, and high-needs districts is preferred, but not necessary for hiring
- Love for Leadville and our students preferred
Lake County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer