3-6 Grade Elementary Teachers (Anticipated)
Lake County Intermediate School is anticipating the need for elementary teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.
To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics and science to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- a. Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Colorado teaching certificate.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.
Interested candidates apply here.