Board of Education-Board Notes for March
Notes from March 12, 2019:
- Our focus for this meeting was on Lake County Intermediate School. Principal Cheryl Talbot and members of the Instructional Leadership Team took the board through exercises to help us understand the school’s academic work around engagement and the school’s work with Crew. It was expeditionary learning for the board and gave us a rich understanding of the school’s work. Thank you!
- Having heard from the committee, members of the public, staff and students at our work session in February, and having reviewed the extensive data generated by the committee (special shout out here to Lindsey Cade), we discussed the committee’s recommendation. We noted both things we like about the proposal and thoughts about what needs to be done for thoughtful implementation. We expressed our gratitude to the committee. Talk about Quality Work. We approved the calendar committee’s recommendation at a special meeting on March 26.
- We discussed our timeline for a Superintendent Search and agreed to sign a contract with the Colorado Association of School Boards to help us run that search in the Fall of 2019.
Coming up on April 9, 2019 in the Board Room (Room 11) at Pitts Elementary at 7 PM:
- Our focus will be on West Park Elementary School. We will hear from school leadership about the school’s goals and progress for the year.
- We will have an update on capital planning from Kate Bartlett and Todd Coffin.
- We will have a health and wellness update from Kerri Quinlan, Healthy Schools Director.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).