High School Band & Instrumental Music Teacher
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- 7-12 Band & Instrumental Music
- Demonstrate strong personal musicianship
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of band instruments, instructional strategies, methods and appropriate resources suitable for 7-12 students
- Produce evidence supporting the ability to achieve musical excellence through ensemble instruction and performance
- Ability to plan and implement sequential instruction for music reading
- Knowledge of positive behavior intervention strategies
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Reading Intervention: teaches two periods a day of reading intervention using the reading program Reading Plus and other software to help students grow in reading. Also involves small group pull out and targeted instruction to support struggling readers.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate, timely records, and prepares progress reports.
- Teaches Crew which involves working with students 30 minutes each day, communicating with parents and having a parent-teacher conference with all crew members and parents/guardians. This also entails guiding students through the ICAP process, course selections and college and career planning.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Supervise/chaperone student activities
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Colorado teaching certificate
- Music endorsement or highly qualified status to teach high school band required
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.
Interested applicants apply here: