Maintenance Worker – Level 1
Salary Grade: $16.00 DOE
Work Year: 260 days/ full time (40 hours/week) 6am-2pm daily *(except when snow plowing needed)
Reports To: Operations and Maintenance Supervisor
SUMMARY Part time delivery, light maintenance, snow plowing, and grounds keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform Maintenance Department work orders as assigned by supervisor.
- Shovel snow at district office sidewalk (seasonal).
- Snow plowing (2am-6am) on snow days – would replace regular work hours when plowing is needed
- Delivery of:
- mail and packages (daily)
- custodial and office supplies (monthly).
- Clean warehouse (sweeping out bays – weekly)
- Clean and maintain assigned vehicle (s)
- Grounds keeping during summer months – including watering, mowing, trimming, fertilizing, aerating, etc. (seasonal)
- Clean and maintain all grounds-keeping equipment and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including light maintenance in the schools. Light maintenance including drywall, paint, trim, door hardware, carpet, tile, lighting repair, drain cleaning, faucet repair, etc.
- Learn a basic working knowledge of building control and safety systems
- Participate in a paid on call weekly rotation with other maintenance employees
- Other assigned duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING – High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE – 2-3 years’ related experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EQUIPMENT – Grounds maintenance, basic repair and maintenance, time management, and attention to detail skills. Ability to work alone. Operating knowledge of grounds keeping equipment and snow plow.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS – Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Interested applicants should send a completed Classified Employee Application and Resume to Todd Coffin