LCHS Happenings . . .
As we enter these final few days of school, students and staff are continuing and wrapping up their excellent work centered on academic rigor and community right through the last day of school. Many exciting activities are happening these next few days, so be sure to read below and check our web site calendar at www.lakecountyschools.net or our Facebook page at LakecountySD.
Please read the attached letters regarding Project Dream and the Spanish-speaking parent meeting.
Last chance to buy your High School Yearbook! Discounted cost is only $30. Preserve your student’s memories! Contact Cindy Koucherik 486-6816 or at email@example.com
- May 19th is the last day for seniors to pass all of their classes and to have their community service hours complete.This is also their final day of classes. Students who have not completed their coursework or community service hours will not participate in Class Day and will not walk in the Graduation Ceremony.
- Senior chromebook return in Room D103 is Friday, May 19th, 2pm – 4pm. Any seniors participating in Baccalaureate, and who have paid all fees, may pick up caps and gowns in the office on May 19th.
- All seniors are invited to the Baccalaureate Mass Sunday, May 21st, 9:00 a.m. at Annunciation Church. Wear your graduation gowns, but NOT caps
- Senior check out in kitchen and/or main office is Tuesday, May 23rd, 9am-12noon, all fees must be paid by noon in order to participate in Class Day and/or Graduation.
- Practice for Class Day is Wednesday, May 24th, 3:45-5:00pm — MANDATORY
- Class Day for senior awards will be Thursday, May 25th 1:00pm, Seniors arrive at 12:30pm
- Graduation practice is 7:00am, Friday, May 26th – MANDATORY
- Graduation Ceremony is Saturday, May 27th at 10:00am, arrive at 9:00am, (or 8:30am for individual pictures), group class picture is 9:15am, line up at 9:30am.
- Community service day is Monday, May 22nd. Students have school all day. They will be in crews all day. Some will be off site doing community service, others on site doing community service. Jr. High has field day in the afternoon. Normal Bus schedule
- Final exams for 9th-11th grade students are scheduled for Thursday and Friday, May 25th and May 26th. On May 25th students will be dismissed at 1pm and on May 26th they will be dismissed at noon. Buses will be provided for students not staying for class day or 8th grade promotion.
- Eighth grade Exit Interviews will take place on May 24th and May 25th. Families are invited by appointment to join their student’s crew. Students will be in school all day on May 24th and on May 25th students may attend Class Day or leave with their parents after lunch. Normal bus schedule
- Eighth grade promotion ceremony is Friday, May 26th at 1:00pm. Eighth grade students do not have school this day, only the promotion ceremony.
- Seventh grade students will have full days of school through May 26th and will attend the 8th grade promotion. Normal bus schedule.
Be sure to add the following events to your calendars:
May 16 Project Dream Showcase LCHS 5:30 Burrito Dinner 6:30 Show
May 18-20 HS Track State Championships @ Jeffco Stadium Time TBA
May 19 HS Girls Soccer All Star Game @ Sheridan HS 7:00
May 20 MS Girls Soccer Finals Location TBA Time TBA
May 22 7th/8th Grade Field Day 12:30-3:30
May 23 Annie Auditions (K-12) 4:00-8:00 LCHS Auditorium
May 24 MS & HS Girls Soccer Recognition 5:15 LCHS Cafeteria
May 24 Annie Auditions (K-12) 4:00-5:30 LCHS Auditorium
May 24 Annie Invitation Only Callbacks (K-12) 6:00-9:00
May 25 Class Day 1:00 LCHS Auditorium
May 26 8th Grade Promotion 1:00 LCHS Auditorium
May 26 Last Day of School
May 27 Graduation 10:00 LCHS Gymnasium