Important News from LCHS . . .
Tomorrow, September 21st all 8th – 11th grade students will be taking the practice PSAT / SAT tests. 9th – 11th grade students should NOT attend any scheduled CMC classes that day, but stay at the high school for testing. Seniors will be preparing college essays on this day and they should attend their scheduled CMC classes. This is a half day of school for all 8th-12th grade students. Lunch will be served in the cafeteria at 12:10pm. All students (8th-12th) may leave school after 12:10 if they walk or have a ride, bus students will depart on a north bus or a south bus at 1:00pm. All students must leave the building at that time unless they are participating in an adult-supervised activity. Seventh grade students will be attending a Cornerstone trip on September 21st.
Fall MS and HS athletics picture day is September 29th. More information will follow.
Lake County High School Chamber Choir will perform at a gala concert with the stars of the stage and Metropolitan Opera on September 30th, 7:00pm at the Tabor Opera House, hosted by the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation and the Tabor Opera House Preservation Foundation. See the attached flyer for all of the details.
News from the Guidance Department
- Colorado Western Slope College Fair is on October 1st in Aspen from 10:00-2:00. Families are welcome to attend. Counseling department will provide transportation for the first 18 high school students who sign up. We will depart from the high school at 8:00am and arrive back at 4:00pm. See attached flyer. College Outreach October 1st
- SAT retakes at Salida on October 7th and at Battle Mountain High School on November 4th. We will provide transportation to the first 7 students who sign up
- October 23rd – 24th Kat and Robby will be taking the first 12 seniors to register, eligibility dependent, to CMC Spring Valley, Mesa State, and Rangely. We will depart the high school at 7:30am on the 23rd and arrive home around 5:30pm on the 24th.
- November 6th the counseling department will take sophomores only to Western State College in Gunnison. We will depart the high school at 8:15am and arrive back by 5:30pm
- December 8th the counseling department will take high school students only to a college visit to be determined. First 40 students to sign up may attend
Please show a warm Leadville welcome to a young displaced family that has come from Houston! We are in need of clothing and essentials for an 18 year old young woman, a young man, 4-year-old girl and 8-month-old boy. Essentials are needed such as diapers (size 6), baby wipes, feminine hygiene products and toiletries, toys, a car seat, and grocery/Walmart gift cards. Anything would be appreciated! Please contact Mona Cloys at 719-293-4273 or the DOOR Program at 719-486-6980. Items may also be dropped off in the high school main office between 7:30am and 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
- 18 year old girl – Junior’s size 3 and size 7 ½ shoes (needs pants and shoes especially)
- Young man – pants size 28 x 32, shirts medium or small
- 4 year old girl – 4T clothing, size 9 shoes
- 8 month old boy – 9- 12 months clothing
See attached LCHS October breakfast and lunch menus.
Be sure to check the Lake County School District web site and the High School web page regularly for the most up-to-date information, calendar of events, athletic schedule changes, and menu changes.
Lake County High School Principal
Phone: 719-486-6970 (office)
Phone: 719-293-1232 (cell)
September 21 HS Volleyball vs. Basalt High School @ LCHS (C/JV/V) 4:00
September 22 NO SCHOOL PD/Work Day
September 22 HS Football @ Dolores Huerta 7:00
September 23 HS Volleyball vs. Arrupe/Sheridan @ Arrupe Time TBA
September 23 HS Boys Soccer @ Academy 12:00
September 23 MS Football vs. Buena Vista @ Community Field 10:00
September 23 MS Boys Soccer vs. GCMS 2 @ Berry Creek MS 11:45
September 25 MS Volleyball @ VMS 4:00
September 26 HS Volleyball vs. Cotopaxi @ LCHS (JV/V) 5:00
September 26 MS Football vs. Gypsum Creek @ Community Field 4:15
September 27 HS Boys Soccer @ Lotus S.E. 5:00
September 28 HS Volleyball vs. Pinnacle @ LCHS (C/JV/V) 4:00
September 30 HS Chamber Choir performing at the Tabor Opera House 7:00
September 30 HS Football @ BV 1:00
September 30 HS Volleyball vs. Englewood @ LCHS (C/JV/V) 11:00
September 30 HS Boys Soccer vs. Arrupe @ Community Field 2:00
September 30 HS Cross Country Salida @ Vandaveer Ranch, Salida 10:00
September 30 MS Cross Country Salida @ Vandaveer Ranch, Salida
September 30 MS Football vs. East Grand @ Community Field 9:00
September 30 MS Boys Soccer vs. BCMS @ Berry Creek MS 11:45