News from LCHS
Reminder: No school Friday, October 20th and no school for students on Monday, October 23rd (teacher professional development).
News from the Counseling Office:
- October 23-24 the counseling department will be taking the first 12 seniors to register, with eligibility dependent, to CMC Spring Valley, Mesa State, and Rangely. We will depart the high school 7:30am on the 23rd and arrive home around 5:30pm on the 24th.
- SAT retake is full for the November 4th If you are planning to retake the SAT you need to get registered now for December 2nd in Salida or wait until next year in March. If you need help registering please come see Mrs. Kerrigan. The counseling department can transport the first 7 who sign-up for that day.
- November 6th the counseling department will be taking sophomores only to Western State College in Gunnison. We will depart the high school at 8:15 am and arrive back by 5:30pm
- Friday, December 8th the counseling department will be taking high school students to a college visit in Denver. They will visit Regis University and Metro State University. First 40 students to sign up may attend.
Cloud City Ski Team supports LCHS students 6-12 who ski race. We are having a fun fundraiser for Cloud City at Cooper on 10/21. We will be watching a Warren Miller Movie. Details and tickets can be found here: http://skicooper.com/warren-miller-movie/
Class Packs – We’re collecting gently used warm layers, jackets (rain and snow), mittens, hats, gloves, snow pants etc. to have on hand when students forget their warm clothes but learning is happening outdoors. If you have gently used gear to get rid of, please bring in your donations by Wednesday, October 25th. All donations can be dropped in the front office at your child’s school. Thanks!
Becca Katz is recruiting a team of enthusiastic parent volunteers to support 7th and 8th grade fieldwork (outdoor, hands-on learning) opportunities on various dates throughout the school year. Please reach out to Becca Katz by November 3rd – firstname.lastname@example.org / 719-293-5169 – if you want to learn more about how you can support 7th and 8th grade fieldwork (outdoor, hands-on learning) at LCHS!
Michele DeWine invites parents to volunteer for Jr. High Science Fieldwork on November 7th and 8th, day trips, from 8 am to 4pm.
Standards based Fieldwork includes:
- Fire ecology
- Building a fire
- Cooking on a fire
- Flame tests in the fire (periodic table)
- Fire ecology
- Prescribed burn
- Human impact
Major State Standards covered:
- Physical and Chemical change
- Physical and Chemical properties
- The Law of Conservation of Mass, Energy..
We will need parent supervision assistance, with lunch, and walking around from site to site. Please contact Michele DeWine if you are able to volunteer, email@example.com, 719-293-0130.
October 19 HS Volleyball Round 1 Pool Play @ Bennett 5:15/6:30
October 19 HS Cross Country Regionals @ Pueblo City Park Elmwood Short Nine Golf Course 3:00
October 19 Parent Teacher Conferences 4-8 p.m.
October 20 HS Football vs. CSCS @ Community Field 7:00
October 20 No School
October 21 HS Volleyball Conference Championship @ High Seed 11:00/12:30/2:00/3:30
October 21 MS Cross Country State @ Fehringer Ranch Park, Denver 10:00
October 21 MS Boys Soccer Tournament @ Berry Creek MS Time TBD
October 23 No School PD Day
October 23 MS Boys Basketball @ Homestake Peak 4:30
October 26 MS Boys Basketball @ Eagle Valley 4:15
October 27 HS Football @ St. Mary’s 7:00
October 28 HS Cross Country State
October 28 MS Boys Basketball @ Salida 10:00
October 30 MS Boys Basketball @ ECCA 3:30