News from LCHS
Winter sports practices begin tomorrow, November 10th. Be sure to check with your students’ coaches for specific practice information. And remember, there is HS strength training every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening from 6:00pm until 7:30pm with Coach Tony. Check the HS web page, Athletics tab for sports game/meet schedules and coaches names.
Reminders: No school for students on Friday, November 17, teacher work/professional development day
No school week of November 20-24, Thanksgiving break
News from the Board of Education
Notes from October 10, 2017:
- We welcomed our new student representative, Emma Dallas.
- We welcomed many community members and heard about the importance of hiring and retaining a diverse staff in our schools. This aligns with one of our key district goals: Diversity and culture make us better. Working toward this end is important to us, and we will be considering next steps to respond to this concern of the community.
- We passed a resolution recognizing October 23 as Green Day—celebrating our district’s preliminary accreditation status as “green” or “performing.” On October 23, we had cake and thank you cards for the hard-working and high-achieving teachers and staff in all of our schools.
Coming up on the next regular meeting, November 14th at 7 PM AT THE CENTER in the cafeteria—Note the change in location. We are meeting at The Center in order to better focus our attention on this school. Child care will be provided.
- We will say goodbye to Harmony Jump and Katie Baldassar and thank them for their service. We will welcome Jeff Fiedler as our new school board member and hold board officer elections.
- We will focus our attention on early childhood education and hear reports on preschool developments. Join us if you want to learn more about your preschool!
- We will also hear reports on student achievement and accredit our schools.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Katie Baldassar 719-293-3631; Harmony Jump 719-293-2044; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852.
News from the Counseling Office:
- Friday, December 8th the counseling department will be taking high school students to a college visit in Denver. They will visit Regis University and Metro State University. First 40 students to sign up may attend.
November 10 First Day of Formal Practice HS Winter Sports
November 10 MS Boys Basketball (6/7/8) vs. Summit @ LCIS 4:00
November 11 All Star Boys Soccer site TBD
November 11 MS Boys Basketball (7/8) @ Buena Vista 10:00
November 13 MS Boys Basketball (7/8) vs. VMS @ LCIS 4:00
November 13 MS Boys Basketball (6th grade) vs. VMS @ 6th Street Gym 4:00
November 14 MS Boys Basketball (7/8) vs. Salida @ LCIS 4:00
November 15 Winter Coaches/Parent/Athlete Preseason Meeting @ LCHS Cafeteria 7:00
November 16 MS Boys Basketball (6/7/8) vs. Gypsum Creek @ LCIS 4:15
November 17 No School ~ PD Day
November 20-24 No School ~ Thanksgiving Break
November 29 HS Girls Basketball (C/JV) @ Mesa Ridge 5:00/6:30
November 29 1st Winter Sports Picture Date teams and times TBD
November 30 MS Boys Basketball (6/7/8) @ St. Clare 3:15
December 1-2 HS Boys Basketball Invitational (V) @ LCHS Times TBA
December 1-2 HS Girls Basketball Tournament @ Vail Christian Time TBA
December 2 MS Boys Basketball (7/8) Peaks League Championships @ HPS 8:00