News from LCHS
We are so excited for next week for our students to demonstrate their learning and growth by taking state assessments. We are committed to each student being on track for the future they chose and these tests help them monitor their progress towards their goals.
PSAT/SAT testing for 9th through 11th grade students, and PARCC testing for 7th and 8th grade students is Tuesday, April 10th. This day will be a half day of school for 7th through 11th grade students, with dismissal at 12:45. Seniors will not have high school classes that day. All of the details you and your students need to know for the 7th-12th grade HS April testing schedules can be found in the attached testing letters. Be sure to read these!
This year’s 9Health Fair in Leadville is April 7, 2018 from 7am-12 at the Intermediate School. They are looking for volunteers on the following days. Contact Karen Onderdonk at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out.
Friday April 6
4:30pm-6:30pm set up at the intermediate school (3-4 needed)
Sat. April 7
6:30am-10:00 – traffic and logistics help (2-3 needed)
11:30am-1:30pm for breakdown. (3-5 needed)
Student Senate has changed the date for Junior/Senior Prom to Saturday, April 21st. The Grand March will be at LCHS auditorium, 6:30-7:00 pm. Prom will be held at the Elks, 7:00-11:00 pm. Tickets should be purchased in advance during lunches beginning April 9th. Cost is $20 for singles and $30 for couples. If purchased at the door the night of Prom, tickets will cost $5 more for singles and couples. This year’s theme is Enchanted Forest.
We are looking for parent and community member volunteers for Saturday, April 21, to host an After Prom party for LCHS students, providing them with a safe place to hang out after the Prom festivities at the Elks Lodge. If you, or anyone you know, would be willing to sign up for a shift, please contact Jeni Windorski at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday, April 11.
Set Up: Friday and Saturday (times to be determined)
First Shift: 11:00 pm – 12:30 am
Second Shift: 12:30 – 2:00 am
Clean Up: Sunday 10:00 am – 12:00 noon
There will be a special Panther Pride Parent meeting on Wednesday, April 11th, 7:00 pm, LCHS cafeteria, to work on After Prom. Hope to see you all there!
Board of Education Meeting Notes from March 13:
- The most important work of the meeting was dedicated to Lake County Intermediate School. We heard from Stephanie Gallegos, Emily Blau, and Amanda Good about the school’s work this year. We went through a practice exercise to learn how teachers prepare textually rich and engaging lessons for students—and we noticed that effective teaching is extremely complex. Kudos to all of our hardworking teachers.
- We approved an agreement with our regional BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services).
- We approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Urban Renewal Authority.
Next Meeting: April 10 at 7 PM at West Park Elementary School Library
NOTE THE SPECIAL LOCATION!
- We will focus on West Park Elementary and hear from its leadership team about progress toward its goals. Join us to learn more about your elementary school!
- We will hear from Kerri Quinlan, our Healthy Schools Director, about health and wellness efforts in our schools.
- We will discuss our next three-year strategic plan.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624.
April 6 Central City Opera: En Mis Palabras 7:00 LCHS Auditorium
April 7 HS Girls Soccer vs. Sheridan @ Community Field 11:00
April 7 HS Track Salida Invite @ Salida HS 9:30
April 7 MS Track West Grand @ Kremmling 8:30 am
April 7 MS Girls Soccer vs. GCMS @ Berry Creek MS 11:35
April 11 MS/HS Volleyball Parent/Athlete Meeting 6:30 LCHS Cafeteria
April 11 Special Panther Pride Meeting 7:00 LCHS Cafeteria
April 12 MS Track @ Homestake Peak 4:45
April 13 HS Track Sangre de Cristo @ Sangre de Cristo HS 2:00
April 14 MS Girls Soccer vs. HPMS @ Berry Creek MS 2:35
April 14 CisneRoses’ Floral deadline for flower ordering for prom (noon)