News from LCHS
Happy New Year and welcome back to school!
Reminders: No school Friday, January 18th, teacher PD Day
No school Monday, January 21st, Martin Luther King Day
See the attached flyer for information about Full Circle’s “Active Parenting of Teens” class.
Panther of the Week:
Please remember to nominate students for the great work and character they show in our community. Please use this link to nominate. A group of alumni, parents and students vote each week on the Panther of the Week.
Academic Awards Assemblies on Friday:
Junior High Parents: You’re invited to our Semester 1 Awards Ceremony for the Junior High on Friday, January 11th from 2:55 to 3:35pm in the school’s auditorium. Many students will be recognized (but not all). If you would like to know in advance if your child will be receiving an award, please contact your crew leader.
High School Parents: You’re invited to our Semester 1 Awards Ceremony for the High School on Friday, January 11th from 9:05 to 9:29am in the school’s auditorium. Come see us recognize students who have excelled in the classroom and with our HOWLs.
Board of Education Meeting Notes from December 11, 2018:
- We discussed the results of the master plan—locations, layouts, and timelines for new facilities—and how master planning for facilities aligns with other district goals such as academic achievement.
- We heard from the Student Representatives to the School Board, Emma Dallas and Michaela Sanchez, about the results of their Student Summits on school culture.
- In an effort to educate ourselves for the future, we learned about Makers’ Spaces—multi-use creative spaces in schools that usually combine science, technology, engineering, mathematics and the arts and allow students to experiment with different materials and methods.
Coming up on January 15 at 7 PM at Pitts Elementary School in the District’s Board Room, Room 11:
- We will discuss and approve the audit.
- We will hear an update on communications’ improvement and vision for the district.
- We will begin the process of the superintendent evaluation with an Executive Sessions. Results of the evaluation will be made public at a later date.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).
January 10 HS Boys and Girls Basketball vs Custer County 5:30
January 11 9-12 Academic Awards Recognition LCHS Auditorium 9:05
January 11 7/8 Academic Awards Recognition LCHS Auditorium 2:55
January 11 HS Alpine Ski Giant Slalom @ Winter Park
January 11 MS Alpine Ski Giant Slalom @ Ski Cooper
January 12 Nordic Ski Mass Start Classic @ Spring Gulch in Carbondale
January 12 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Bennett 2:30
January 14 HS Boys and Girls Basketball vs Middle Park 5:30
January 16 MS Indoor Soccer – Girls only LCHS 4:00
January 16 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Academy 4:15
January 17 MS Girls Basketball @ Eagle Valley 4:15
January 18 MS Alpine Ski Giant Slalom @ Keystone
January 18 HS Alpine Ski Giant Slalom @ Beaver Creek
January 19 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ DSST