News from LCHS
Panther of the Week: Fabian Jimenez Fabian focuses on academics first, and then athletics. He excels in both!
Please remember to nominate students for the great work and character they show in our community. Please use this link to nominate. A group of alumni, parents and students vote each week on the Panther of the Week.
Session two Winter sports pictures on Tuesday, January 29th!
3:15 MS Indoor/Outdoor Boys Soccer @ LCIS
3:45 Cheer @ LCIS
4:00 MS Girls Basketball @ LCIS
5:00 MS/HS Nordic @ Dutch Henri
It’s yearbook order time! All orders are due before February 17th. HS yearbooks cost $45 and 7/8 yearbooks cost $25. Complete the attached order forms and return to the LCHS office with cash, check or money order made payable to Lake County High School. Be sure to read the attached order forms with all of the details.
Notes from January 15, 2019:
Our meeting was postponed a week because several of us were sick or had family circumstances that prevented us from coming to the meeting. At the meeting on the 15th,
- We heard a communications update from Kate Bartlett, CFO of the district, and we talked about upcoming family engagement strategies that the district is devising.
- We discussed our process for on boarding new school board members and developed a calendar to orient and educate new board members.
- We began the process of the annual Superintendent’s Evaluation with an Executive Session. The results of this evaluation will be approved by the board in upcoming months and become a public document.
Coming up on February 12 at 7 PM at Pitts Elementary School in the District’s Board Room, Room 11:
- Our focus will be on Lake County High School. We will hear from school leadership about the schools’ goals and progress for the year.
- We will once again try to hear from our new auditor, whose meeting with us was canceled because of illness on the board.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).
January 24 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Sheridan, 5:30
January 25 HS Alpine Ski Slalom @ Ski Cooper
January 25 MS Alpine Ski Slalom @ Keystone Resort
January 26 HS Boys and Girls Basketball vs Jefferson 2:30
January 29 2nd session Winter sports pictures beginning at 3:15, LCIS gymnasium
January 29 MS Indoor Soccer 4:15 CMC
January 30 MS Indoor Soccer 4:00 LCHS
January 30 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Pinnacle 5:30
January 31 MS Girls Basketball @ St. Clare 4:00
January 31 MS Indoor Soccer 4:00 LCIS
February 1 HS Alpine Ski Slalom @ Winter Park
February 1 MS Alpine Ski Slalom @ Eldora
February 2 Nordic Ski Individual Start Classic @ Aspen
February 2 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Arrupe 11:00