News from LCHS
Important Reminder: Students and families, there is NO school parking in the hospital parking lot, vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Reminders: Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 10th, at 2:00 am; be sure to set your clocks AHEAD one hour before you go to bed Saturday night!
NO School for students March 15, teacher professional development day
NO School March 18-22 Spring Break – school resumes March 25th
Panther of the Week: Please remember to nominate students for the great work and character they show in our community. Please use this link to nominate. A group of alumni, parents and students vote each week to decide the Panther of the Week.
Summer Opportunities for Youth ages 12-18:
Are you looking for a job or volunteer role this summer? Like being outdoors? Join us on March 25th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the LCHS Computer Lab to learn more about awesome opportunities this summer for youth in Lake County ages 12-18. Presentation times will be at 6:30 and 7:15, followed by on-site sign up with organizations such as Get Outdoors Leadville!, Cloud City Conservation Center, Rocky Mountain Youth Corps and Colorado Mountain College. Questions? Contact Cisco Tharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 719-293-0445.
¿Buscas un trabajo remunerado o un rol de voluntario este verano? ¿Te gusta estar al aire libre? Únase a nosotros el 25 de marzo de 6:30-8:30 p.m. en el Laboratorio de Computación de LCHS para aprender más sobre las increíbles oportunidades este verano para los jóvenes del Condado de Lake entre los edades de 12-18 años. Los horarios de presentación serán a las 6:30 y 7:15, seguidos con la inscripción en el sitio con organizaciones como Get Outdoors Leadville!, Centro de Conservación de Cloud City, Rocky Mountain Youth Corps y Colorado Mountain College. ¿Preguntas? Póngase en contacto con Francisco Tharp en email@example.com o llame / text 719-293-0445. Se habla español.
Notes from February 12, 2019 Board of Education Meeting:
- Our focus for this meeting was on Lake County High School. We heard from Principal Ben Cairns and members of the high school leadership team about progress the school is making toward its goals. Specifically, we learned about the focus on student engagement and on adult-student rapport.
- We met with our new auditor and reviewed and approved this year’s audit.
- In preparation for School Choice month, we looked at Lake County’s choice in/out data. Lake County had a choice out rate of 11.2% in 2018-2019. This is a more than 5% drop from 2016-2017. We also have 9 students who choice into Lake County from other counties.
Coming up on March 12, 2019 in the Board Room (Room 11) at Pitts Elementary at 7 PM:
- Our focus will be on Lake County Intermediate School. We will hear from school leadership about the school’s goals and progress for the year.
- We will discuss the recommendation of the calendar committee. We had intended to vote at this meeting, but we will likely use this opportunity to discuss the calendar in more detail and approve next year’s calendar at a special meeting on March 26.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).
March 9 CANCELLED –HS Girls Soccer vs Center, Community Field — CANCELLED
March 9 HS Boys and Girls Track and Field @ Banana Belt Classic, Pueblo, CO
March 10 Daylight Savings Time begins, turn clocks forward 1 hour
March 11 HS Girls Soccer @ Bruce Randolph 4:00
March 11 Chamber Choir Parents’ Meeting for NYC Trip LCHS Choir room 6:30
March 11 Nordic and Alpine Athletic Recognition/Awards LCHS 7:00
March 12 HS Basketball Recognition/Awards LCHS 6:30
March 12 Panther Pride Parent Meeting LCHS Cafeteria 7:00
March 13 HS Band Concert LCHS Auditorium 7:00
March 14 HS Girls Soccer @ Vail Christian (time to be determined)
March 14-19 Chamber Choir to NYC Trip
March 15 NO School – teacher professional development day
March 15 HS Boys and Girls Track and Field @ Center Invite 9:00
March 15 HS Boys Basketball All-Star Game @ The Academy 6:00
March 18-22 NO School – Spring Break
March 25 School Resumes