News from LCHS
Reminders: April 9th testing day for all 7th-11th grade students, early release at 1:00 pm; Seniors – no school.
Due to early release on April 9, 2019, Project Dream After School will not run clubs at the High School. Please note that both LCIS and WPE will run After School this day as normal. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Karen Johnson, the After School Program Director, at 719-293-5093 or KaJohnson@lakecountyschools.net
Please note, if your student currently has an F in any core class, (English, Math, Sciences, Social Studies) plan for your student to attend summer school Mondays through Thursdays, June 3 – 20, 2019. Mark these dates on your calendar now!
SAVE THE DATE: Project Dream Open House
Who: LCIS and LCHS After School Students and Families – Although anyone is welcome to come!
What: An open house to share successes and learnings of after school offerings
When: Monday, May 6 from 6:00-7:00pm
Where: LCIS Gym and Cafeteria
Please come join us to celebrate a successful year of Project Dream with performances, snacks, and a chance to see what your child is learning in after school!
More detailed information to come soon!
Are you looking for a paid job or volunteer role this summer? Like being outdoors? Get more info on April 5th during lunch in the LCHS cafeteria. Find out about awesome opportunities this summer for youth in Lake County ages 12-18. Questions? Contact Cisco Tharp with Get Outdoors Leadville at email@example.com or call/text 719-293-0445. You can also apply online: https://goo.gl/forms/8ztzq8URFVnjsQJx1
¿Estás buscando un trabajo remunerado o un rol de voluntario este verano? ¿Te gusta pasar tiempo al aire libre? Obtenga más información el 5 de abril durante el lunch en la cafetería de LCHS. Aprende sobre oportunidades increíbles este verano para jóvenes en Lake County entre 12 a 18 años. ¿Preguntas? Ponte en contacto con Francisco Tharp de Get Outdoors Leadville, en firstname.lastname@example.org o llame/texto al 719-293-0445. También puede rellenar una aplicación en línea: https://goo.gl/forms/8ztzq8URFVnjsQJx1
Below is a brief snapshot of testing dates and make-up dates:
PARCC/CMAS/PSAT/SAT Testing Schedule
April 8th – PARCC, Unit 1 ELA grade 7 & 8 and Unit 1 Math grade 7 & 8
April 9th – PARCC, Unit 2 & 3 Math for grade 7 & 8, PSAT for grades 9 & 10, SAT for grade 11 (early release, 1:00pm)
April 10th – PARCC, Unit 2 & 3 ELA grade 7 & 8
April 11th – CMAS, Unit 1, 2, & 3 for grade 8
April 12th – CMAS, Unit 1, 2, & 3 for grade 11
April 15th – PARCC & CMAS Make-Ups
April 16th – PSAT grade 9 & 10 Make-Ups
April 17th – PARCC & CMAS Make-Ups
April 18th – PARCC & CMAS Make-Ups
April 23rd – SAT grade 11 Make-Up
May 7th – AP Spanish Exam
May 14th – Human Geography AP Exam
Spring Sport Pictures are scheduled for Monday, April 15, 2019:
4:00 MS Track @ Community Field
4:30 MS Girls Soccer @ Community Field
5:00 HS Girls Soccer @ Community Field
5:30 HS Track @ Community Field
If the weather does not cooperate with us on this date, we will use the HS Gymnasium as a backup location.
Panther of the Week: Please remember to nominate students for the great work and character they show in our community. Please use this link to nominate. A group of alumni, parents and students vote each week to decide the Panther of the Week.
Attention Lake County Seniors and their Parents/Guardians!
Early College Information Night
Tuesday, April 16th
High School Cafeteria
All students who are planning on doing the Early College Program must attend!
For more information, please contact Kelly Hofer (se habla espanol) email@example.com 719-486-6972
Board of Education Notes from March 12, 2019:
- Our focus for this meeting was on Lake County Intermediate School. Principal Cheryl Talbot and members of the Instructional Leadership Team took the board through exercises to help us understand the school’s academic work around engagement and the school’s work with Crew. It was expeditionary learning for the board and gave us a rich understanding of the school’s work. Thank you!
- Having heard from the committee, members of the public, staff and students at our work session in February, and having reviewed the extensive data generated by the committee (special shout out here to Lindsey Cade), we discussed the committee’s recommendation. We noted both things we like about the proposal and thoughts about what needs to be done for thoughtful implementation. We expressed our gratitude to the committee. Talk about Quality Work. We approved the calendar committee’s recommendation at a special meeting on March 26.
- We discussed our timeline for a Superintendent Search and agreed to sign a contract with the Colorado Association of School Boards to help us run that search in the Fall of 2019.
Coming up on April 9, 2019 in the Board Room (Room 11) at Pitts Elementary at 7 PM:
- Our focus will be on West Park Elementary School. We will hear from school leadership about the school’s goals and progress for the year.
- We will have an update on capital planning from Kate Bartlett and Todd Coffin.
- We will have a health and wellness update from Kerri Quinlan, Healthy Schools Director.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).
April 5 DOOR student trip to State Capitol, Denver 7:30am
April 5 Sophomore College Visit, Western State Colorado University 8:00am
April 5 Learn about summer outdoor job and program opportunities from Cisco Tharp during lunch
April 6 MS Track and Field @ West Grand 8:30am
April 6 HS Track and Field @ Salida Invite 9:30am (some athletes competing in Mullen)
April 6 HS Girls Soccer vs Arrupe 11:00am Community Field
April 6 MS Girls Soccer @ BCMS, fielded at Gypsum Creek MS 2:40pm
April 8 HS Girls Soccer vs Clear Creek 4:00pm Community Field
April 9 Testing for 7th-8th Grade students, lunch in classrooms, early dismissal and buses run at 1:00 pm
April 9 No School for Seniors
April 10 HS Girls Soccer @ Jefferson 4:30pm
April 12 MS Track and Field @ Clear Creek, 2:00pm
April 12 HS Girls Soccer @ Middle Park 4:00pm