News from LCHS
Be sure to check the web site calendar often and read the attached End-of-Year and Final Exam Schedule to keep up with all of the activities for the end of the school year.
Please note, if your student currently has an F in any core class, (English, Math, Sciences, Social Studies) plan for your student to attend summer school Mondays through Thursdays, June 3 – 20, 2019. Mark these dates on your calendar now.
Be sure to read the attached information in Spanish and English, about establishing a Parent Advisory Council, and the first meeting, Thursday, May 23rd at 7:00 at the LCSD District Office at 328 West 5th Street.
FREE Spots for a 5 day overnight adventure camp, July 29-August 2 at Leadville’s Colorado Mountain College.
Eureka! Expedition Camp is for 7th-12th grade students. They will be offering one memorable week of science and outdoor adventures as you learn about the natural world and acquire outdoor skills. Campers will stay in the dorms at CMC and learn about Leadville’s unique mining history, fen wetlands, climate, geography, and ecosystems. Adventure activities will include hiking, low ropes course, a tour of the museum, and more. All costs paid for by Climax Mine.
Please email Karen at Kajohnson@lakecountyschools.net for more information about how to register or with any questions!!
Help your student get ready to drive by taking an online driver education course this summer! Lake County High School School offers this interactive online program to help your student qualify for a Learner’s Permit. Sign up now, get your student on the road to becoming a safe driver. Students must be 14 ½ to begin the course. See the attached flier!
Benefits of Online Drivers Education through Lake County School District:
- This online course builds your student’s confidence and knowledge of what it means to be a good driver through a very interactive, interesting program.
- The program is designed to be equivalent to an in-person classroom experience. Your student will learn all the content of the classroom from the convenience of your own home.
- The curriculum is based on education, not fear! We focus on defensive and safe driving habits to help your student become a safe driver for life.
- Interactive games and videos make the learning experience fun and engaging.
- Your student can access the online program anytime, anywhere! It works on all devices; all you need is a working Internet connection.
- Everything is self-paced. When life get busy, your student can pick up the course at any time.
- Cost of the course is only $55!
Enroll today: https://lakecountyschools.bedrivingus.com/enroll
Call 720-496-2247 for more information.
DriveSafe’s Online Drivers Education Program is perfect for any schedule. Enjoy peace of mind with the flexibility of an online course. Enroll today!
May 17 DOOR Students to Glenwood Caverns
May 17 HS Seniors’ final academic deadline 4:00 pm
May 18 MS Girls Soccer Finals @ Berry Creek MS (time to be determined)
May 20 HS Seniors – no school
May 20 Teachers — Senior Grades due by 4:00 pm
May 20 LCHS All-School Spring Sports Assembly 9:00 am
May 20 HS Seniors – final chromebook turn-in, Room E110 beginning 10:00 – Noon
May 20 Spring Athletic Recognition/Awards LCHS 7:00 pm
May 21 HS Seniors check out with front office and kitchen beginning 9:00 – Noon (all bills must be paid to participate in graduation)
May 22 7th-11th grade 1st hour final exam
May 22 7th – 8th grade 5th hour B Day final exam
May 22 HS Senior Class Day Practice – mandatory if attending Class Day, 4:00 pm
May 23 Final Exams 7th – 11th Grades; 2nd, 3rd, 4th hour classes, early dismissal 12:45 pm
May 23 Class of 2019 Class Day 1:00 pm
May 24 Final Exams 7th – 11th Grades; 5th (A Day), 6th, 7th hour classes, early dismissal 12:45 pm
May 24 HS Senior Walk-through LCIS and WPE 9:40 am
May 24 HS Senior Breakfast/Coffee at Pitts 11:15 am
May 24 HS Senior Graduation Practice, mandatory to participate in graduation 11:45 am
May 24 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 2:00 pm LCHS
May 25 Graduation Ceremony LCHS 10:00 am