Weekly Memo from Ms. Fitz 10.14.19
Thank you to the 2nd grade parent volunteers who helped create our dinosaur digs for labs!
- Our parent-teacher conference time is drawing here! This year our conferences will be held on Tuesday, October 15th, and Thursday, October 17th, from 4:00-8:00pm We will also have conferences from 8:00 am-4:00 pm on Monday, October 21st. Each appointment will be 30 minutes long. Information on making appointments came home in last week’s Thursday folders – you can use the links below to schedule a time.
Students will have NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 18th or Monday, October 21st.
We will be using the same on-line appointment system as we did in August for our orientation conferences. This allows parents to pick a time that is best for their busy schedules and request interpretation, if needed.
- Panther Days!
It is already time to start thinking about our next Panther Day! If your child would like to participate in the next Panther Day (full day programming when school is not in session) on Friday, November 1st please remember to sign up by October 18th. We will be doing a special Day of the Dead celebration for West Park and LCIS students in the afternoon from 2:00-3:00 in the West Park gym, families are more than welcome to come join us for this portion of the day!If you have already filled out a salmon colored registration form for After School – Project Dream all you need to do is email Taylor Trelka (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know your child will be partaking in this Panther Day. If you did not fill out one of these forms please stop by the front office and fill one out. Please reach out to Taylor Trelka at the email listed above or call at 719-427-9404 for any questions or concerns.
- If you have any extra clothing, sized 7-10 for girls or 5-6 for boys, that are in good condition, we could use them in the front office for when one of our friends needs a change of clothes. We mainly go through pants and undergarments. Please drop them by the office, if you have something to spare. We so appreciate your generosity.
- Please keep all toys and games from home, at home. We have lots of toys and games here at school and this helps decrease the risk of loss or damage to your personal items. Toys from home are not allowed as they create a distraction in our learning environment.
- Ski Pass Opportunity! Vail Resorts, Inc. is once again pleased to offer a discounted ski pass program for Lake County students. Please ask the office for information regarding Vail & Beaver Creek pass options. These passes will not become available for purchase until Friday November 8th, 2019 and we felt it was important that this information be provided now to help parents and students best understand their pass options for this winter. In addition, there is no “cut-off” date and the passes are available during the full duration of the season for purchase. New this year, we are happy to announce that the pass options will include access to Crested Butte!
- Book Fair
The K-6 library departments will be having a Scholastic Book Fair during conferences this Fall. Proceeds go to the libraries to help get new books. We will have books from Kinder all the way up to 8th grade. We are excited to see you in the LCIS library – even if you only have students at WPE, you are welcome to stop by during the times listed below.
Tuesday October 15th – 4:00 – 7:45
Thursday October 17th – 4:00 – 7:30
**Cash or Check ONLY, please **
- The Annual Pumpkin Patch event will be on Saturday, October 26th from 11am-2pm at Freight; 320 East 9th. Entry is free – – there are awesome prizes and silent auction. Costumes are encouraged and not required.
Upcoming Important Dates:
October 15th, 17th & 21st Parent Teacher Conferences
October 25th Community Meeting – 8:10-8:40am Respect Led by 1st grade
October 31st Halloween Parade (in the afternoon)
November 1st No School – teacher professional development
November 19th Thanksgiving Dinner – families welcome!
November 25-29 No School – autumn break
November 27th Community Meeting – 8:10-8:40am Responsibility Led by Kindergarten
December 5th Celebration of Learning 6:00-7:00 pm
December 20th Community Meeting – 8:10-8:40am Curiosity Lead by 2nd grade
December 23-January 6th Winter Break –no school
January 7th Return to School for Second Semester
Please let me know if you ever have any celebrations or concerns. If you’d like to chat, please set up an appointment with Lynette in the front office as she has access to my calendar and is the best way to guarantee that we get the time we want to talk.
I feel so fortunate to work with your kids each day – they are “geniuses in the making!” Thank you for sharing them with me!