2nd Day – Project Dream Crew Leader
Job Description: Project Dream is looking for Crew Leaders! Crew Leaders are responsible adults who provide social-emotional and academic support to a small group of students during their “off-time.” Students in the Lake County School District are currently attending classes with their classroom teacher half-time. At the K-6 level, Project Dream staff are with the students the other half of the time. A Crew Leader’s job is to meet students wherever they are and provide them with strategies to help them succeed in school while having some fun!
- Certified teachers or community members
- Prior experience working with students in an academic and/or extracurricular setting
- Enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to the social-emotional/academic success of all students
- Patience and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and apply new techniques to connect with students
- Ability to commit to one full semester of programming
- Experience with online academic platforms
The main responsibility of a Crew Leader is to support students at West Park or LCIS in their academics and help them learn social and emotional skills they can apply in school and life.
- Run Crews in both an outdoor and indoor setting tying in experiential education techniques.
- Use the Random Acts of Kindness curriculum to support students in their social-emotional learning.
- Assist students with online work assignments using platforms such as Google Classroom, IXL, Lexia, and Dreambox.
- Assist students with paper assignments from teachers.
- Support differentiated needs of students, including students with behavior needs or IEPs, in order to help students achieve their highest potential.
- Supervise a group of students, providing behavior support through a Positive Youth Development framework.
- Follow the action step protocols for behavioral concerns as outlined by each school.
- Switch main job roles depending on the current color band used by the schools in response to COVID-19.
- Effectively communicate with school Site Supervisors regarding any questions or concerns.
- Spring Semester: January 4-June 17
- 7:30am-3:30pm ~ Mondays-Thursdays
Compensation: Pay is $16-$25/hour dependent upon experience, certification, and years worked.
Contact: To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Taylor Trelka (email@example.com). In your cover letter please specify which school you are interested in working at (West Park or LCIS).