Job Type: 15 hours/week; Part-time (Grant-funded through September 2022)
Supervisor: Healthy Schools Director
Compensation: $16-22/hour (based on secretary salary schedule)
Summary Job Description:
LCSD is continuing it’s comprehensive family engagement strategy that connects trusted community leaders with students and parents. Family Connectors share important school district information, assist with resource navigation, and communicate COVID-19 health and safety
updates to students and families across Lake County. In order to increase communication between LCSD, Lake County Public Health, and community organizations, Connectors also solicit concerns and ideas from parents so that LCSD can better engage and respond to families
most pressing needs. Family Connectors receive weekly training, provide families with information and resources, respond to calls from parents, and keep LCSD and Public Health informed about family
concerns and questions.
Essential Job Tasks
● Connect with LCSD families via a secure, provided phone number, school email account, or in-person when safe to provide information from LCSD and Public Health.
● Work with the Healthy Schools Director and partner organizations to ensure that students and families have the resources they need to thrive in Lake County.
● Attend weekly training to receive relevant updates and provide feedback from families.
● Become familiar with Lake County community organizations, resources, and contacts.
● Respond to calls from parents during scheduled weekly hours.
● Log all phone calls, collect data, and report summarized feedback.
● Keep organized notes of information shared and submit a weekly summary of parent feedback to LCSD and Public Health.
● Assist in Mobile Learning Center activities and travel to neighborhood sites to conduct in-person family engagement when safe.
● Contribute to ongoing program design including developing data collection systems, equitable outreach strategies, and best practices in family engagement.
● Must be 18 years or older
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Advanced knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and video conferencing
● Demonstrate a passion for improving our school community
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends
● Exhibit a positive attitude and open mind to learning
● Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
● Clearance of federal/state criminal background check
● Strong connections with Lake County community
● Bilingual (Spanish and English) and bicultural
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear for extended periods of time. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and vision sufficient for driving.
Please submit a letter describing your interest to Carlye Sayler, Healthy Schools Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2021.
Specifications are intended to present a description of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are NOT intended to reflect all the possible duties that could be performed within this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.