Secondary Spanish Teacher (2021-2022)
Teach in America’s highest city. Work with unforgettable students.
Contribute to our small community. Enjoy amazing mountain access.
We are seeking a talented Secondary Spanish Instructor for our 7-12 high school. We value our diversity and offer both native and non-native Spanish classes, allowing our students to graduate with a Biliteracy Seal on their Diploma! Great benefits package included!! Work with a talented team of educators.
Lake County is located two hours west of Denver in the heart of Colorado’s highest peaks at 10,200 feet. There are about 7,000 people in Lake County, and Leadville is the main city. Many adults commute to work in the service industry in nearby ski areas. We have a strong history of mining, adventure recreation, and outdoor enthusiasm.
Lake County Schools seeks employees who are able to:
- build a caring classroom community based on mutual trust and respect
- experience with experiential/project-based learning
- collaborate effectively with teammates around planning, data analysis and differentiation
- receive feedback and reflect on their professional practice regularly
- empower students to be thinkers and own their learning
- support English Language Learners through their daily instruction
- plan instruction that meets a variety of learners’ needs taking into account learning style, interests
- Colorado Teaching License (or enrollment in Alternative Program)
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse