Summer Academic Leader
Job Description: Out of School Time programs through the Lake County School District will be running summer programs to help students achieve grade level benchmarks in Math and ELA and prevent learning loss. Out of School Time programs are looking for responsible, well trained adults to provide Math and ELA academic intervention to a small group of students ranging from grades K-8 for two hours each day, Monday-Thursday during the summer. A Leader’s job is to meet students where they are to help promote success while having fun!
- Certified teachers or community members with expertise in academic interventions
- Prior experience working with students in an academic setting
- Enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to students’ learning
- Patience and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and apply new techniques to connect with students
- Ability to commit to one session (two weeks) of programming
Responsibilities: The main responsibility of Leaders is to help students learn during out of school hours. This may include using online programs such as: Lexia, DreamBox, Reading Plus, or IXL and the curricula used by LCSD such as: CR Success, HD Word, and EngageNY.
- Support differentiated needs of students, including students with behavioral needs or IEPs, in order to help students achieve their highest potential.
- Supervise and serve as a role model to groups of students, providing behavior support through a Positive Youth Development framework.
- Follow the action step protocols for behavioral concerns as outlined in the LCSD Project Dream Staff Handbook.
- Effectively communicate with school Site Supervisors regarding any concerns.
- Monday-Thursday from 3:30-5:30 plus 30 minutes of plan time each day
- Session 1: June 28 – July 8
- Session 2: July 12 – July 22
- Session 3: July 26 – Aug 5
Compensation: Pay is $16-$25/hour dependent upon experience, certification, and years worked with LCSD Out of School Time programs.
Contact: To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Taylor Trelka. If you currently work for LCSD just email Taylor Trelka with your interest.