LCHS is seeking an Assistant Boys’ Basketball Coach!
Stipend Amount: Starts at $1,682/year; follows coaching salary schedule
Supervisor: Athletic Director
Estimated time commitment: 10-20 hours per week, depending on the season (the official season is November 14 through beginning of March, but there will be some camps and open gyms during the summer and fall)
Detailed description of duties/responsibilities:
- Help teach fundamental skills and support the program during practice: M-F 4:00-6:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm alternating weeks.
- Able to occasionally coach independently in the absence of other coaches
- Supervise athletes at games and on the bus traveling to and from those events
- Available to work afternoons, evenings and weekends, and be willing to travel with the team to different locations for games
- Cooperate/communicate with other Lake County coaches
Special qualifications, if any:
- Experience playing basketball preferred
- Experience coaching, especially with high school athletes, preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
2. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
3. Must possess leadership skills, and be able to set an example for the players
4. Excellent communication skills in order to inspire players and work with them on improvement.
5. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; demonstrates a commitment to teamwork.
6. Ability to learn and upgrade job skills in order to meet changing demands of the position.
7. Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions, and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism.
8. Knowledge of and ability to perform duties in full compliance with all district, Board of Education, state and federal laws, methods, requirements, policies, procedures, and activities pertinent to the duties of this position.
8. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
9. Ability to use independent judgment and demonstrates initiative to act without being asked.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is quiet to loud. The work environment may vary from extremely cold to extremely hot depending on the activity and the season of the year. In-district and out-of-town travel required as necessary for training and/or to carry out duties and responsibilities.
Lake County School District is an equal opportunity employer.