LCSD is seeking a parent and a community member volunteer for our 1338 Committee on Teacher Evaluations!
We are hoping to find two volunteers to help provide insight into our work in certified teacher evaluation process, as part of our 1338 Committee. Might this be you?
1338 Committees consult with the local school board as to the fairness, effectiveness, credibility, and professional quality of local evaluation systems, processes, and procedures. Each fall, a 1338 committee will determine the number of meetings to take place during the year as well as the priorities and activities the committee will engage in throughout the year.
What is an Advisory Personnel Performance Evaluation Committee?
State board rule specifies that each school district in Colorado must have a 1338 Committee.
The makeup of the LCSD 1338 Committee will be:
•1 superintendent and/or designee
•1-2 building administrators
•1 teacher representative from each: LCES, LCIS, LCHS and CCHS
•1 district resident and parent of a student – You?
•1 district resident and non-parent of a student –You?
Many decisions around educator evaluations are made at the district level.
Below are topics where the 1338 Council may provide feedback and recommendations around educator evaluations:
• Weighting of Quality Standards and Elements
• Use of student/teacher perception surveys for inclusion in evaluation
• Selection of MSL/O, including state assessments
• Weighting of MSL/O, including state assessments
• Establishment of success criteria protocol
• Training options for teachers, principals, and district level stakeholders.
• Create and deliver trainings, in collaboration with 1338 Coordinator
• Planning frequency and topics for 1338 Council meetings, in collaboration with 1338 Coordinator
Please respond to the following questions as your application. You will be contacted by Kathleen by April 10th if you are selected.
- Why would you like to serve on this committee?
- Why would you be a great representative for parents of students or for community members?
- What would be your best hopes or outcomes from serving on this committee?
The first 1338 meeting, facilitated by our Educator Effectiveness Regional Specialist, Mike DeGuire, will be on:
April 19th from 4:00-5:30pm.
Further dates will be set by the committee at that time.
Questions: Please contact Kathleen! 719-486-6811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering volunteering for this important group!