LCHS is seeking a 7th Grade English Teacher for the upcoming school year!
Reports To: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
Length of Assignment: Follows LCSD Calendar for 179 contract days.
Salary: LCSD Teacher Salary Schedule plus excellent benefits! 2023-2024 Teacher salary schedule will be updated when approved through negotiations process.
To create a flexible secondary (7-12) grade English program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for secondary education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches English to students in a classroom, utilizing a course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities. Subjects include but are not limited to Crew, 7th Grade English, 7th and 8th Grade Electives.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate, timely records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and addressing students health, attitude, and learning challenges.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the state testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Supervise/chaperone student activities
a. Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
b. Colorado teaching certificate or enrollment in approved Alternative Teacher program
c. Experience and bilingual Spanish is preferred, and not necessary for hiring.
How to apply:
● Internal candidates (LCSD Employees), please submit a transfer request, letter of interest and resume to Brian Nelson, Principal, Scott Carroll, Assistant Principal, and Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.
● External candidates, please submit a Certified Employee Application. In addition to completing this application, please submit a resume, transcripts, credentials, three letters of recommendation and a copy of your Colorado Teaching Certificate/License if available to letter of interest and resume to Brian Nelson, Principal, Scott Carroll, Assistant Principal, and Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.