LCES is hiring a K-2 English Language Development Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year!
Length of Assignment: 179 contract days / follows LCSD Academic Calendar
Salary: Paid according to the LCSD Certified Teacher Salary schedule ; *Salary schedule for 2023-2024 will be updated when negotiations are finalized. Excellent Benefits Package!
Lake County School District’s PK-6 schools enroll approximately 40% English language learners. The role of our K-2 English language development teacher will include ELD instruction and building capacity amongst all K-2 staff to support students with English acquisition at school. Here is a non-inclusive list of responsibilities of the K-2 English language development teacher:
In collaboration with K-2 staff: Teacher Responsibilities:
- ensure district policies are upheld and systems followed in collaboration with all LCES Staff.
- plan and facilitate professional development and PLCs in collaboration with school leadership team
- collaborate with administration to integrate and refine best practices for teaching multilingual learners into school improvement plans and help monitor instructional practices
- classroom push-in support
- participate in MTSS process for multilingual students, as requested
- collaborate with special education staff to support multilingual learners with special needs
- Collaborate with preschool staff in support of multilingual students, as needed
- teach targeted ELD groups using language proficiency and other academic data
- create curricular resources and/or follow provided curriculum for small ELD groups
- build and adapt ELD support schedule, based on need
- fulfill all duties of ELD teacher annual timeline in a timely manner, including:
- identify and redesignate multilingual students using state and district guidelines
- maintain updated list of multilingual students and language proficiency data
- assure staff knows identified multilingual students and has the resources to support them
- build and maintain positive relationships with families of multilingual students
- collaborate with staff to determine role at conferences and other school events
- collaborate with READ plan team to identify exemptions
- disseminate ELD information to staff as needed in LCES Panther Bulletin
- participate in training, scheduling, and administration of the state-mandated ACCESS 2.0 language proficiency test, in collaboration with district assessment leaders
- review test accommodations with teams so ELs receive needed accommodations for assessments
- communicate with LCIS ELD staff to prepare for 2nd grade-3rd grade transitions
- annually meet with all multilingual learners to graph ACCESS scores, set goals, and notify of status
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Colorado teaching certificate;
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement or Culturally and Linguistically Bilingual Education Specialist Preferred, or willing to gain endorsement within the first year of employment.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred.
How to apply:
● Internal candidates (LCSD Employees), please submit a transfer request, letter of interest and resume to Katie Pongrekun, Principal and Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.
● External candidates, please submit a Certified Employee Application, letter of interest and resume to Katie Pongrekun, Principal and Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.
Lake County School District is an equal opportunity employer