LCIS is hiring a Health Paraprofessional for the 2023-2024 school year!
Reports To: Lake County Intermediate School (LCIS) Principal, and training delegated by School Nurse
Length of Assignment: 179 contract days; Follows LCSD School Calendar for the 2023-2024 year
Salary: $19.00/hour = $27, 208 per year for 179 days. Salary plus excellent benefits! (Health, dental, vision insurance and PTO!) Paid at instructional para rate due to increased responsibility, required medical training and need to be responsive in a crisis.
Purpose of Position: Deliver health related care to students with chronic illness and students who require emergency care. Support students with behavioral interventions. Demonstrate a flexible, collaborative attitude in completing the work and a willingness to be a team player to accomplish school and district goals.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring and support for students with medical needs including Diabetes, Asthma, Allergies, and Seizures.
- Provide timely interventions for student related injuries, illness, and emergent care.
- Work alongside the District School Nurse to align health standards and share student progress and data with them.
- Will be responsible for Medication Administration and Learning procedures to care for students
- Collect and maintain documentation of care provided and progress of interventions.
- Participate in Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) to inform, address and implement needed interventions
- Effectively manage medical needs with students to maximize instructional time.
- Ability to attend and manage care while off campus on field trips, including possible overnights.
- Promote a positive school climate and follow school norms and expectations.
- Participate in professional development that is job related.
- Perform arrival and dismissal duty.
- Lunch duty includes providing support to various grade levels and students as determined by current need.
- Communication with parents/guardians of students on health care plans
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience with Health related care
- Preferred experience in K-12 educational setting
- Work with students from diverse backgrounds and a variety of family situations
- Commitment to following school-wide expectations
- Knowledge of classroom discipline
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
How to apply:
Internal candidates (LCSD Employees), please submit a transfer request, letter of interest and resume to Cheryl Talbot, Principal of the Lake County Intermediate School, Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Director., and Kim Schooler, District Nurse.
External candidates, please submit a Classified Employee Application, letter of interest and resume to Cheryl Talbot, Principal of the Lake County Intermediate School, Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Director., and Kim Schooler, District Nurse