CCHS News and Announcements
Reminder: We will be administering the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey this year to gain valuable information about our students and ways we might help support them better with our school programming. Here is a letter explaining the survey contents and allowing for you to opt your student out if you choose. No data released will identify individual students but will give our school a general overview about how our population as a whole is doing. We will administer the survey on November 22.
Tree of sharing will provide families in need holiday gifts. Registration will close on 11/18. We will not be able to accept late registrations. Here is the link to the registration form:
Smart Bellies, a meal program based out of Summit, is ready to go in Lake County. The program offers nutritious food over the weekends, holidays, and extended breaks to families who have opted in. Bagged meals will be delivered to school for families to pick up or students to bring home with them. If you are interested, please visit this website to learn more and sign up via this Smart Bellies sign up link
Colorado youth now have access to 3 free behavioral health sessions! Any parent or youth can go to https://imattercolorado.org/ to assess their own/their child’s needs. If the results show they need help, the site will connect them to a provider for a 45-minute appointment in the next two weeks.
COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Clinic!! See the attached flyer in English.
*Vaccines are free of charge
Who: Ages 5+
- Open to all ages, 5+
- You do not need to be enrolled in School Based Health Centers
Where & When:
- Dillon Valley Elementary: 11/11/21 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Silverthorne Elementary: 11/17/21 from 4:30-6:30pm
How: Must register prior through below link
- Dillon Valley Elementary 11/11/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/2wGBizjZE7CoXfcaV8HngsxHBHdEZzMi
- Silverthorne Elementary 11/17/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/8pv3hR5NAJ5fHeBC23eecK4DbD8ziu6F
*This is for the 1st dose of the vaccine. A 2nd dose clinic is scheduled for 3 weeks after first dose
*Las vacunas son gratis
Quienes: Mayores de 5
- Abierto a todas las edades, mayores de 5
- Y no necesita estar inscrito en los Centros de Salud Escolar
Donde & Cuando:
- Escuela Elementaria de Dillon Valley: 11/11/21 de 4:30pm a 6:30pm
- Escuela Elementaria de Dillon Silverthorne: 11/17/21 de 4:30 a 6:30pm
Como: Debe hacer previo registro en en enlace debajo
- Escuela Elementaria Dillon Valley 11/11/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/2wGBizjZE7CoXfcaV8HngsxHBHdEZzMi
Escuela Elementaria Silverthorne 11/17/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/8pv3hR5NAJ5fHeBC23eecK4DbD8ziu6F
If you are interested in the opportunity to test yourself and your family for COVID at home, you may choose to order FREE Binax tests form the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Follow this link to access this opportunity: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-testing-at-home
See the attached flyer for the Name the Leadville Railroad Polar Bear Contest!
Thursday, November 18th | 6:30-8 | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | jueves, 18 de noviembre | 6:30-8 | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC) See attached flyers in English and Spanish.
- It’s that time of year in which you start seeing pine cones as decorations everywhere! Come learn about their role in our ecosystem & make your own decorations! All supplies will be provided–this is a FREE & Bilingual activity! Questions/comments/concerns, contact Jackie Radilla: firstname.lastname@example.org | 7192935533
- ¡Es esa época del año en la que empiezas a ver piñas como adornos por todas partes! ¡Ven a conocer su papel en nuestro ecosistema y haz tus propias decoraciones! Se proporcionarán todos los materiales, ¡esta es una actividad GRATUITA y bilingüe! Preguntas/comentarios/preocupaciones, comuniquese con Jackie Radilla: email@example.com | 7192935533
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
- Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
- Where: We are located in the High School!
- How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled
November 24-26 Thanksgiving Break, no school