CCHS News and Announcements
Dear Cloud City Students and Families,
This is our first week of ReGroup! This means that our first semester Academic Intensives are over, and teachers are available to help students catch up and turn in any missing assignments. Students must come to school as usual until all their assignments are complete and turned in, then they may begin their Winter Break. During this time, each student must also complete a guided self-care activity and a career exploration activity and some of those begin as early as today! Don’t miss these opportunities! Here are the options:
Sound Bath Healing, Tuesday, 12/7, 11:00am, CCHS Gym
Breathwork, Tuesday, 12/7, 2:00pm, CCHS Gym
Healthy Relationships, Wednesday 12/8, 10:30a, in the Community Room @ CCHS
Qi Gong, Wednesday 12/8, 2:00pm, CCHS Gym
Mechanics and Robotics, Monday, 12/6 4-6pm, CCHS Makerspace, Room 7
Heavy Equipment and Ski Industry Site Visit, 12/8, 12:15 lunch and 1:00 tour, meet at CMC Coronado Cafe
Careers in Wellness Workshop (Acupuncture, PT, Yoga, Social Work, Massage, etc.), Thursday, 12/9, 10:15am, LCHS Library
These are all great opportunities for Cloud City students to take care of themselves and look forward to possible career choices for themselves! Please call Cloud City High School with any questions you have.
Colorado youth now have access to 3 free behavioral health sessions! Any parent or youth can go to https://imattercolorado.org/ to assess their own/their child’s needs. If the results show they need help, the site will connect them to a provider for a 45-minute appointment in the next two weeks.
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
- Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
- Where: We are located in the High School!
- How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled
Elks National Hoop Shoot Free Throw Contest, Sunday, December 12. See the attached flyer for details!
If you are interested in the opportunity to test yourself and your family for COVID at home, you may choose to order FREE Binax tests form the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Follow this link to access this opportunity: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-testing-at-home
Thursday, December 16th | 6:30-8pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | jueves, 16 de diciembre | 6:30-8pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Your everyday and local flower shop, Blue Vessel Florista, is excited to be connecting with the community through a workshop to welcome winter, and create your own mixed greenery winter wreath. They make great holiday gifts, and you might even want to keep yours!
*FREE* All ages, backgrounds, and abilities welcome!* Materials are provided, but limited *
RSVPs not required, but appreciated.
More info: email@example.com | 7192935533
- Su florería local, Blue Vessel Florista, se complace en conectarse con la comunidad a través de un taller para dar la bienvenida al invierno y crear su propia guirnalda de flores mixtas. Son excelentes regalos navideños e incluso es posible que desee quedarse con el suyo.
*GRATIS* Todas edades, culturas, y habilidades son bienvenidas * Materiales proporcionados, pero limitados *
Reservaciones no requeridas, pero apreciadas.
Más información: firstname.lastname@example.org | 7192935533
December 11-18th | 10-2pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | 11-16 de diciembre | 10-2pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Join us for our annual Frozen Treasure Hunt! Starting the on December 11th, our Frozen Treasures will be all over Lake County; find them at the Fish Hatchery, CMC Trails, & Ice Palace Park. Go out with your family, and see how many of them you can find! Send us your pictures (email/text) to be entered into our drawing.
Then, join us on December 18th from 10am-2pm for a Community Celebration, and a chance to find more Frozen Treasures around the CMC Trails. We will be serving chili, pozole, and warm beverages. Snowshoes, cross country skis, and warm layers will be available for borrowing.
**FREE, all ages, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures welcome!
- ¡Únase a nosotros para nuestra búsqueda anual de los Tesoros Congelados! A partir del 11 de diciembre, nuestros Tesoros Congelados estarán por todo el Condado de Lake; encuéntrelos en el Fish Hatchery, los senderos de CMC y en el parque Ice Palace. ¡Salga con su familia y vea cuántos de ellos puede encontrar! Envíenos sus fotos (correo electrónico / texto) para incluirlos en nuestra rifa.
Luego, únase a nosotros el 18 de diciembre de 10 am a 2 pm para una Celebración Comunitaria y la oportunidad de encontrar más Tesoros Congelados alrededor de los senderos de CMC. Estaremos sirviendo chili, pozole y bebidas calientes. Las raquetas de nieve, los esquís nórdicos y ropa de invierno estarán disponibles para tomar prestado.
** ¡GRATIS, todas las edades, habilidades, antecedentes y culturas son bienvenidas!
Name the Leadville Railroad Polar Bear Contest
December 6-16 Re-Group Week, CCHS students must attend until Golden Ticket signed
December 7 LCSD Grades 5-12 Instrumental Concert, LCHS Auditorium, 7:00
December 8 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Custer County 4:30
December 9 LCSD Grades 3-12 Vocal concert, LCHS Auditorium, 7:00
December 11 HS Boys and Girls Basketball @ Sargent 1:00
December 18 HS Alpine Ski Giant Slalom @ Loveland 9:00
December 17-January 2 Winter Break
January 3 School Resumes