LCES Parent Update 1/14/2022
We have had a fantastic week at LCES. Students had fun playing in the snow this week at recess. Many students had a blast with the sleds, zooming down the recess hill. It’s so much fun watching them play and be active.
We were able to test most of our students for the middle of the year benchmark for Acadiance Reading (DIBELS). Any student who was absent this week, we will test on Tuesday of next week. We will go over the results of this testing at our March 2-3rd conferences.
Please remember that we do not have school on Monday, January 17th in observance of Martin Luther King Day. We do have school on Friday, January 21st.
In our Language Arts classes, students are wrapping up their final writing from the second module and will be moving into the third modules. Kindergarten students will start a module called “Trees are Alive;” first grade will study a module called “Birds’ Amazing Bodies;” and second grade has started a module called “The Secret World of Pollination.” Be sure to ask your child about what they are learning!
Thank you for sending your child with gear to go outside on a daily basis. Please be sure to put your child’s name in all their gear so we can get it back to them if they misplace it.
Smart Bellies, a meal program based out of Summit, is ready to go in Lake County! The program offers nutritious food over the weekends, holidays, and extended breaks to families who have opted in.
To learn more and to sign up: Visit this website.
Mark Your Calendars:
- No School Monday, January 17th. We do have school Friday, January 21st.
- Week of January 18th: Make-Ups for Acadiance Reading Tests (DIBELS)
- January 21st: Panther Day in Specials. Theme is snow.
- Community Meeting for Habit of Craftsmanship: January 27th at 8:10-8:40. Parents are welcome to attend. Masks required.
- No School Monday, February 21st. We do have school Friday, February 25th.
- March 2-3: Parent Teacher Conferences
- March 21-24: Spring Break, No School
Again, thanks for a great week. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Announcement from Project Dream
There is no Friday programming on the following dates: Jan. 21, Feb. 4, Feb. 25, April 1, May 20, Jun. 3, Jun. 17.