LCES Parent Update 8/13/22
We are so excited to welcome all our students back to school on Monday. Thank you to all our parents and families who were able to attend our orientation conferences. Teachers and staff have been working hard to prepare for this year and are ready for learning.
It is a pleasure to introduce you all to our 2022-2023 Lake County Elementary Staff:
Here are some things to keep in mind as we begin the school year:
- School starts at 8:00. You are welcome to start dropping students off in the parent pick up/drop off lane at 7:45. Pick up begins at 3:15.
- If you need to change your child’s after school plans, please call Mrs. Analy or Mrs. Marissa in the front office before 2:30 at 719-486-6890.
- Students go outside for recess twice a day, please be sure to send your child with the proper clothing and footwear to make this a great experience each day.
- Breakfast is free for students on a daily basis. Student lunch costs $3.00 per meal.
Dollar Day and Community Meeting:
We will host our first community meeting to kick off the school year on Thursday from 8:10-8:40. In order to kick off the school year, we are having a Hawaiian theme dollar day. Send your child with a dollar on Thursday and they will get a Hawaiian Lei! We hope you can join us!
Mark Your Calendars:
- August 15th: 1st Day of School
- August 18th: Community meeting 8:10-8:40 in the gym
- Cornerstone Days: (More details to come)
- August 30: 2nd Grade
- September 7: 1st Grade
- September 13: Kindergarten
- September 6: Project Dream Programming Starts
- September 19-22: Homecoming Week
Again, we are excited to welcome each of you back for the 2022/23 school year. Please reach out at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
From School Based Health Center: