LCHS – Important News and Updates
The end of the school year is almost here. We are proud of how our students and staff have responded to this strange time to continue learning and to keep our school culture heading in a positive direction. Here are some details as we approach the final days of school.
- Work will be assigned until 5/14. Students will have until 5/21 to complete all of their assignments.
- We will not be able to run summer school due to the current situation, but students who finish with F’s will have school on Fridays next fall. Some students are in danger of Friday school or even retention. Encourage your students to work hard and complete as much as possible the next 2 weeks.
- Students will have NWEA testing on 5/19 and 5/20. The testing window will be from 9am-12pm. They must log onto their English class on 5/19 and their math class on 5/20 to get the directions for completing NWEA.
- Graduation will occur on 5/23 for Seniors and their families. A separate email has gone to seniors and their families with details. A video containing many of the elements of class day and graduation will be available for seniors and the whole community to see.
- Item pick up—students who have essential items at school will be able to come and pick them up the first week of June. We will communicate more details for this pick up as we get closer to that time.
- We do not yet have details on what the fall will look like. We will communicate more as we get guidance from the State around how to safely reopen our school.
Be sure to read the attached flier from Solivsta — “Suicide Prevention Tools for Parents of Teens.”