News From LCHS 9/30/21
Dear LCHS Parents & Guardians,
It’s been an incredible Homecoming Week thus far. Our pep rally was yesterday morning. It was great to hear the band playing our fight song again and to see everyone showing their Panther Pride. We will be continuing our demonstration of school spirit this afternoon for the Homecoming Parade at 4pm down Harrison Street. Each class has worked hard on their floats, and it’s another way to root on our teams. Our varsity volleyball team is now 9-1. They play tonight at LCHS. We also have a home JH football game this evening, and a home high school boys soccer game tomorrow at 4pm where the Homecoming King and Queen will be named. Come out and support us!
The Homecoming Dance is on Friday night from 7-10pm. The theme is Casino Night, and our Student Senate has been working really hard to put on a fun evening for everyone.
Here are some be notes about the dance:
- Students must be in grades 9-12 to attend and enrolled in LCHS or CCHS.
- Students may bring a guest, but the guest must attend another high school or homeschooling program, be no older than 19, and submit a guest pass (which can be picked up in our front office).
- Students must wear a mask and abide by the LCHS code of conduct or they’ll be required to leave.
- If a student(s) leave the building during the dance, they may not return.
- Admission is $5 for individuals. $4 for each person in a pair.
On a different note, we are continuing to wear masks at school to keep each other healthy and safe. We have seen little to no spread of COVID 19 at the high school level, and we believe this is in part to our commitment to mask wearing. Please ensure that your child has a mask when they come to school, as well as a spare. Students who continue to request a mask during the day or come to school without one will be assigned a lunch detention for “being unprepared for school”. Thank-you for your help and cooperation!
There’s a lot more information below. Be sure to check it out and Go Panthers!
District Accountability Committee Meeting: On Thursday, October 21st at 6pm, the District Accountability Committee will be meeting at LCES. Community members, staff members, and family members are all encouraged to attend. A spaghetti dinner will be provided. See the attached flyer for more information.
Community Calendar: Check out the attached Community Calendar for fun events around town!
Family Math Night: Join Project Dream on October 19th for our next Family Learning Institute – Family Math Night! We will have a presenter from each school talking about the math standards we cover, how we teach math, and how you can support your student at home. This event will be held in the cafeteria of LCES from 5:30-7:00pm. Dinner is included.
Erin M. Dillon
LCHS Interim Principal
A message for Class of 2022
Students and Parents of the 2022 Cohort:
It’s hard to believe that they have reached their senior year! Time to think about your graduation photos.
Graduates must pay an extra $ 15.00 registration fee to cover their entire page in the yearbook. This fee does not contribute to the purchase of a yearbook.
You should have your photos and yearbook information ready and turn in NO LATER by Tuesday, October 5th.
They must deliver the following:
2 to 3 photos of the graduate
1 or 2 photos when they were babies
1 or 2 photos growing
A letter to the graduate from the parents (something short, maximum about 4 sentences)
“In 10 years, I plan to …” (write something simple)
Please turn in digitally to-
Or turn them into the front office.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com
October Count: Each year our schools have an official day in which attendance of students is counted. This count of students is used to calculate funding our district will receive from the state. Typically, this count date is October 1st. Because we run a four day calendar and will not have school on October 1st, our official count day will be September 30th. Thank you in advance for your support of having students in attendance on September 30th this year.
Board of Education Meetings move to Monday’s
The Board of Education voted at the Regular Meeting on Sept. 14, 2021, to change their meeting nights to the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meeting information is located on the district website (lakecountyschools.net)-under Board of Education-Meetings and Minutes (link is here)
If you have any questions regarding meetings or the board, please reach out to Bunny Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-486-6805 for more information.
District Accountability Meeting
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes Spring semester of 2021 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country, and MS Football and field and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Official CHASSA Eligibility Regain Date (HS Only):
Volleyball: October 4th
Soccer: September 4th
Cross Country: September 27th
Friday October 1
- HS Cross Country Vanguard Invite 3:00pm-7:00pm @ El Pomar Youth Sports Park
- HS Boys Soccer VS DSST 4:00pm-7:00pm @ Community Field
- Homecoming Dance 7:00pm-10:00pm @ Lake County High School
Saturday October 2
- MS Football @ East Grand Middle School 9:00am-12:00pm
- MS Boys Soccer VS Homestake Peak @ Berry Creek Middle School 2:20pm-3:50pm
- HS Volleyball Tournament @ Ft. Lupton 9:00am-7:00pm
Tuesday October 5
- HS Volleyball @ The Academy 4:15pm-7:45pm
- MS Football Rose Bowl 8th Grade Vs. Berry Creek Middle School 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Homestake Peak
Wednesday October 6
- MS Volleyball @ Homestake Peak 4:00pm-7:00pm
Thursday October 7
- NHS Blood Drive 12:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday October 9
- MS Cross Country Summit Invitational @ Frisco Adventure 9:00am-10:30am
- MS Boys Soccer Vs Eagle Valley 11:50am-1:20pm @ Berry Creek Middle School
- MS Volleyball Peaks League Championships @ Summit 8:00am-12:00pm
- HS Boys Soccer Vs Jefferson 11:00am-1:00pm @ Community Field