News From LCHS 10/14/21
Dear LCHS Parents and Guardians,
As winter draws nears and the pandemic continues, sickness possesses a real threat to student safety and success at school. We have now had a handful of positive COVID cases at LCHS. Additionally, the flu and strep throat is going around. You can help us keep everyone safe in several ways:
- Talk to your child about practicing healthy hygiene habits, like regular hand washing.
- Talk to your child about always wearing their mask over their nose and mouth throughout the day at school.
- If your child is sick, keep them home. We will work with you and your child to stay caught up on their academics. Your child will keep others healthy and recover quicker if they’re at home resting.
- If your child is sick, get them tested for COVID right away and let us know about it. This allows us to notify families if their child was exposed. We want to give everyone the opportunity to make informed choices.
- Lastly, even if your child tests negatively for COVID, if they’re sick, keep them home.
Thank-you for your help and care for your child, as well as our entire school community. It’s essential that we work together to keep each other safe and healthy.
On a different note, conferences are coming up! You should have received a letter from your child explaining our teacher conference schedule, as well as instructions with how to sign up. Please ask your child for this letter and sign and return the bottom portion to their crew leader. We are using the same electronic system that we’ve used in the past to sign up. Here are the links:
We look forward to meeting with you and your child in a couple of weeks!
LCHS Interim Principal
Warren Miller in Leadville:
Winter is around the corner and its time again for the seasonal rite of passage: the Warren Miller Ski Movie. Cloud City Mountain Sports is entering its 5th year hosting this movie as a fundraiser for Leadville’s own affordable and ripping ski program for young athletes. Please join us at Freight for this film, have a great time and support your local ski club. Drinks will be available from Freight and there will be a raffle with amazing prizes from Leadville’s local businesses. Information and tickets can be found at http://cloudcitymountainsports.org/information
Community Calendar: Check out the Community Calendar by following the link to the landing page: https://lakecountypubliclibrary.org/events/communitycalendar
District Accountability Committee Meeting:
On Thursday, October 21st at 6pm, the District Accountability Committee will be meeting at LCES. Community members, staff members, and family members are all encouraged to attend. A spaghetti dinner will be provided. See the attached flyer for more information.
Dear Lake County School students,
As the Ski Season is quickly approaching, I wanted to let you know that Vail Resorts, Inc. is once again pleased to offer a discounted ski pass program for Lake County students and full-time employees. New this year passes include access to Crested Butte! Please see the attached authorization letter and informational letter to learn more. The letter for students needs to be signed by a school administrator who can verify attendance with Lake County Schools.
All students under 18 are required to have a parent or legal guardian signature on release form.
|Eagle/Lake County Student Ages 5-12||Vail, Beaver Creek, Crested Butte, Breckenridge, andKeystone.||$ 299|
|Eagle/Lake County Student Ages 13-18||Vail, Beaver Creek, Crested Butte, Breckenridge, andKeystone.||$ 429|
New this season: These passes will not become available for purchase until Friday November 5th, 2021 at the Lionshead Pass office or Saturday November 6th, 2021 at the Beaver Creek Pass office.
Board of Education Meetings move to Monday’s
The Board of Education voted at the Regular Meeting on Sept. 14, 2021, to change their meeting nights to the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meeting information is located on the district website (lakecountyschools.net)-under Board of Education-Meetings and Minutes (link is here)
If you have any questions regarding meetings or the board, please reach out to Bunny Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-486-6805 for more information.
District Accountability Meeting
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
JH Boys Basketball will start practicing Monday October 18th at LCIS after school.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes Spring semester of 2021 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country, and MS Football and field and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Official CHASSA Eligibility Regain Date (HS Only):
Volleyball: October 4th
Soccer: September 4th
Cross Country: September 27th
Saturday October 16
- HS Boys Soccer VS Jefferson @ Community Field 2:00pm-4:00pm
Monday October 18
- HS Boys Soccer @ Moffat County (Varsity Only) 4:00pm-6:00pm
- BOE Special Meeting 6:30pm-8:30pm
- MS Boys Basketball First Practice @ LCIS
Tuesday October 19
- Family Learning Institute @ LCES 5:30pm-7:00pm
Wednesday October 20
- HS Boys Soccer VS Pinnacle @ Community Field 4:00pm-6:00pm
Thursday October 21
- HS Cross Country Regional Meet @ Lyons 1:00pm
- HS Volleyball Frontier League Tournament Round 1 Championship @ High Seed 4:00pm-7:45pm
Saturday October 23
- MS Cross Country State Meet @ D’Evelyn HS 9:00am-5:00pm
- HS VolleyballFrontier League Championship Final @ High Seed 11:00am-5:00pm
- MS Boys Soccer VS Eagle Valley @ Berry Creek Middle School 11:50am