News From LCHS 1/7/22
Dear LCHS Parents & Caregivers,
Happy New Year! I hope it’s off to a positive and healthy start for you and your family. It is SO very important to us to start the 2nd semester strong and to continue operating in person. At the same time, the health and safety of staff and students, as well as your family is imperative. With COVID cases rising due to the Omicron variant and other sicknesses spreading, we will continue the implementation of strong safety measures at school. Additionally, we will continue working with our local public health agency to inform when and how we operate school, as well as abide by the guidance we’re given from CDPHE and CDE.
To take additional precautionary measures, this week and next, we have paused in person community meetings and made adjustments to our lunch time protocols. We will make these types of changes to our daily systems and routines as needed.
You can do the following to protect our community, stay healthy and support our efforts to continue to provide in-person learning:
- If you haven’t already, consider having your child vaccinated, including the booster.
- Keep your child home if they are demonstrating 2 or more COVID like symptoms.
- Regularly test yourself, your child, and other family members for COVID to help stop community spread. If you have kept your child home due to illness or quarantine and you want to get them tested, we are offering free rapid testing at the school. Testing times will be available from 8AM-9AM and 2PM-3PM in five minute increments. Please call the front office at 719-486-6950 to schedule a time.
- Ensure your child has a tight-fitting mask and understands the importance of wearing it properly all day long. We recommend a KN-95 or double masking.
We also want to do everything we can to support your child academically if they need to stay home. Please reach out to your child’s crew leader to determine what they should be working on. Also, ensure your child is taking their Chromebook to and from school. In the event they are homebound, they will need their Chromebook to access their Google Classrooms, e-mail, etc. to complete their work and communicate with their teachers.
Thank-you for your help and support with these measures. If you have concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. On a different note, report cards for the 1st semester will be coming home with your child on Monday, January 10th. Please be on the lookout for those! Safe warm and healthy.
NAEP Testing, 8th Grade ONLY, February 2nd: LCHS has been selected by The National Center for Education Statistics to participate in a national standardized assessment. This assessment will be given to a group of randomly selected group of 8th graders on Wednesday, February 2nd. If your child is in the 8th grade, please reach the attached details regarding this assessment and reach out to us if you have any questions.
6th-8th Grade Games at LCIS:
We have decided to make some changes with attendance at our 6-8 games at LCIS. Given the age of our students we are going to require that all students attending the game are with an adult. If students arrive without an adult they will not be allowed to attend the games at LCIS. We are making this change to ensure more supervision and that everyone is being safe and respectful at all times.
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes 1st Semester of 2021-2022 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in winter sports and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Monday January 10
- BOE Regular Meeting 6:30pm-10:00pm @ District office and Zoom
Thursday January 13
- MS Girls Basketball VS Gypsum Creek MS 4:00pm-7:00pm @ LCIS
Friday January 14
- HS Nordic Ski Skate Race @ Lake County Golf Course
- HS ALpine Ski Salom @ Eldora 9:00am- 3:00pm
Saturday January 15
- HS Boys Basketball VS Academy (C/JV/V) @ LCHS 4:00pm-8:30pm
- HS Girls Basketball VS Academy (C/V/JV) @ LCIS 4:00pm-8:30pm
School Based Health Center
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
– Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
– Where: We are located in the High School!
– How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled