LCIS SNSO 3-29-20
Hello LCIS Families,
I hope this message finds you all healthy and safe. This is such a challenging time for so many of us as we are all navigating a new normal. This week, our teachers have been reaching out and connecting with families. We’re so happy to hear that so many of you are participating in the daily food distribution and to know that some of you have already begun to design your own versions of homeschooling.
On Monday we will have packets available for all of our students so that each child has the resources they need to continue practicing their skills. You should have already received communication about the packet pickup, but I’d like to share the details with you again (see below). If you know of a neighbor, friend or relative who is not receiving these communications, please reach out to them to help make sure that their child can also participate in these school activities.
Keep in mind that these packets are designed to provide stimulation, review and extension related to learning that has been taking place this year at school. Please take time to create a daily schedule that works for you and your child to accomplish some academics and play. We hope that these packets will provide a source of interesting work and enjoyment and not a battle between you and your child. Allow your child choice in how they work through the packet and celebrate their accomplishments.
If you haven’t heard from your child’s crew teacher, please call our main office at 719 486 6830 and leave a message for the best way to reach you.
As of right now, all activities and events through April 17 have been canceled. Our LCIS Celebration of Learning on April 23 has also been canceled.
Here’s how it will work:
- Starting at 8am on Monday, March 30th, learning packets for grades K-6 will be available at the front doors of LCIS 24-hours per day. We will have staff present from 8-4 on Monday to help you with pick up of packets and materials. If your child receives support through special education, they will have an additional packet to pick up.
- Please come to pick up the items at your convenience. If you are feeling any symptoms of COVID-19, please send someone else to pick up items for you.
- If you come on Monday, you can drive up to the front of the school and stay in your car for delivery. Please tell the staff member which grade level(s) you need, and our staff member will get the items and give them to you. Please remain in your car for your safety.
- We will follow the guidelines on safe social-distancing by having cones to indicate where you should stand and wait if needed. After hours, we will have tables for you to pick up your items and ask for you to stay 6 feet apart from others. We appreciate your patience if you need to wait to pick up your materials so that we have limited numbers of people at any given time.
- Please pick up whatever grade level packets you might need – and you are welcome to pick up materials for friends or neighbors, as well, and leave those items for them in a safe way at their home.
- We will have two weeks’ worth of learning activities for you – all can be completed without technology. Additional ideas which may require technology are included, though these tasks are not expected (i.e. Lexia learning, RAZ kids, Dreambox, PowerUp, etc.)
- We will also have some school supplies available if you need them. As with most items at this time, please take only what you need, as our supplies are limited. We will have pencils, notebooks, erasers, rulers, scissors, crayon bags, etc. It would be great if some items could be shared within a household.
- Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to you again in the upcoming week. If you have any questions about the content in the packet, please ask them when you talk!
Stay healthy, everyone.
Principal, Lake County Intermediate School
1000 W. 6th Street
Leadville, CO 80461
LCIS School-Wide Norms:
We take care of ourselves, each other and our environment.
We commit to quality work and quality interactions with each other.