LCIS FASO 2-19-21
Hello LCIS Families,
It’s been another wonderful week of learning at LCIS.
- Our third graders are continuing to read and learn about Peter Pan in their ELA unit, Exploring Literary Classics. In math they are finding the area of quadrilaterals.
- Our fourth graders are gearing up to write their own Choose Your Own Adventure style narratives on the animals they have been researching and learning about equivalent fractions in math.
- Our fifth graders are fully engrossed in their natural disasters unit and have recently read a short story called, Eight Days: A Story of Haiti. Be sure to ask your child about this intense non-fiction account of the 2010 earthquake. They are also learning how to multiply and divide fractions in math.
- Our sixth graders recently began reading, Hidden Figures, as they continue to learn about remarkable accomplishments in space. In math they are learning how to find the percentage of an amount.
Be sure to encourage your child to practice their skills over the weekend by completing their homework. Your child can always practice their math skills by getting on the IXL website with their Chromebook and of course, please encourage your child to read daily. Third grade homework this week includes additional health screeners. Be sure to fill these out each morning with your child.
Conferences are coming up soon! Parents and students will be meeting with teachers virtually on March 3rd and 4th from noon to 8 p.m. Students will have school on both days from 7:45-11:15. Please see the attached letter for more information. You may use the following link to schedule your conference: https://www.flashappointments.com/client/lgn/mobile.cfm?busId=13089
We are so excited to celebrate the growth and progress of our students!
Sports Update: Boys’s Basketball officially started last Tuesday. Practices are taking place in the LCIS gym from 3:45-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. It is not too late to join! Athletes will need to have a physical and a completed sports packet. The coaches are Jamie Peters and Jon Lenhard. Here is Coach Peters’s contact information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone (719-293-5244). Go Panthers!
Please join Project Dream and GOL! at Huck Finn on Saturday, February 27th for a family ice-skating celebration! There will be cookies, hot chocolate, and tons of fun! GOL! Will cover all costs for rental and admission fees. In order to comply with Public Health regulations we ask that you come to the rink during the following times as assigned by your last name.
- 9:00-10:00: A-K
- 10:00-11:00: L-P
- 11:00-12:00: Q-Z
Please note this is a family event and families are expected to stay with their children while at the rink. We hope to see you there!
Spirit Week is Coming! We will celebrate Dr. Seuss Week during the week of March 1st.
- 3/1 Mon: Crazy Hat Day
- 3/2 Tues: Pajama Day (Curl up and read) National Read Across America Day
- 3/3 Wed-Grinchiest Green Day (wear green clothes!)
- 3/4 Thur-Cat in the Hat Red and White Day (wear red and white clothes!)
Rockies Rock: Greetings, families! Get Outdoors Leadville! is excited to announce the dates for Rockies Rock 2021!
Camp is open to upcoming K-8th grades.
Session 1: June 28 – July 8
Session 2: July 12 – July 23
Session 3: July 26 – Aug 5
Enrollment will open on April 1st. Please call or email Tim Best with any questions at
719.293.0445 or email@example.com Please also check our camp website for info and updates at:
We’re looking forward to another great summer of Rockies Rock!
6th grade students in Ms. Good’s class are working on their mask project. They use paper mache on a form to create the base. The next step is to plan their design on paper so that they can paint and decorate the mask when it is dry. We can’t wait to see the finished masterpieces!
Reading is Awesome!
March 1-4 Dr. Seuss Spirit Week
March 3 A Cohort Panther Pride Day – Dr. Seuss Celebration
March 3 ½ Day of School for students: B-Cohort academics in the morning
March 3 Parent / Teacher Conferences Noon – 8 pm
March 4 B Cohort Panther Pride Day – Dr. Seuss Celebration
March 4 ½ Day of School for students: A-Cohort academics in the morning
March 4 Parent / Teacher Conferences Noon – 8 pm
March 4 Boys’ Basketball vs Summit County – LCIS Gym – Time TBA
March 10 Spring Photos – groups and individuals
March 16 Fire Drill
March 17 SnowPalooza: 3rd A cohorts – 4th A cohorts – 5th B cohorts – 6th B cohorts
March 18 SnowPalooza: 5th A cohorts – 6th A cohorts – 3rd B cohorts – 4th B cohorts
March 22-26 Spring Break!
March 29 Schedule Switch!
A Cohort will have Academics in the a.m. and activities in the p.m.
B Cohort will have activities in the a.m. and academics in the p.m.
April Anticipated CMAS testing
April 21 Fire Drill
Principal, Lake County Intermediate School