CCHS News and Announcements
Cloud City Families,
I hope you each enjoyed some time to create memories with loved ones over the Fall Break! We are coming back to school in a transition period as we have one week left of classes and then two weeks to wrap up any missing assignments, take any outstanding exams, and complete any self-care or career exploration activities students are signed up to do. Students will be dismissed for Winter Break on individual timelines based on what they have left to complete from the semester. For example, if a student has kept up with all their assignments and is missing nothing, after this Thursday, they will only need to come on the day they signed up for self-care activities such as Breath Work or career exploration activities such as Robotics Club. This is so that students can continue to make educational progress even if things came up in their lives over the semester that might have gotten in the way of school. If a student has many missing assignments, they can plan to come every day of the ReGroup to try to get those assignments completed one on one with their teachers. Here is a link to our Academic Calendar in case you want to see how this looks in print. Please contact us if you are interested in knowing which days of ReGroup your student needs to attend. Transportation will run and meals will be served as usual Tuesdays-Thursdays for both weeks of ReGroup.
We will administer the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey this week with the goal of having each student who is not opted out take it prior to the break. Please contact me with any questions about this survey.
Finally, I have begun working on scheduling for second semester and have prioritized the Seniors to be sure we have spaces in our classes for those who intend to graduate this year to get all the requirements complete. I met with most of the Seniors on Tuesday before Fall Break to go over their schedules and will be trying to find the rest of them this week. I will then move on to our underclassmen. This is a tedious process since our graduation requirements are quite individualized and it is great to get to meet with each student in person to talk through what next semester will look like for them.
Thanks so much for your partnership!
Colorado youth now have access to 3 free behavioral health sessions! Any parent or youth can go to https://imattercolorado.org/ to assess their own/their child’s needs. If the results show they need help, the site will connect them to a provider for a 45-minute appointment in the next two weeks.
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
- Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
- Where: We are located in the High School!
- How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled
Please see below for a free virtual event for parents of school-age children grades fifth to 12th, who are seeking solutions for youth demonstrating school refusal, poor academic performance and learning disabilities in combination with complex psychiatric, emotional, and behavioral health issues related to anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, executive functioning disorder, trauma, and family conflict.
When you think you’ve tried everything, are feeling overwhelmed and not sure how to help your child, this event will clarify the inter-related complexities of mental health issues, social isolation, and poor academic performance.
Taste of Leadville (Annual Fundraiser) – See attached flyer.
Friday, December 3rd | 4PM – 7:30 PM (during the Parade of Lights)
Downtown Leadville | Tickets Here
COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Clinic!! See the attached flyer in English.
*Vaccines are free of charge
Who: Ages 5+
- Open to all ages, 5+
- You do not need to be enrolled in School Based Health Centers
Where & When:
- Dillon Valley Elementary: 11/11/21 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Silverthorne Elementary: 11/17/21 from 4:30-6:30pm
How: Must register prior through below link
- Dillon Valley Elementary 11/11/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/2wGBizjZE7CoXfcaV8HngsxHBHdEZzMi
- Silverthorne Elementary 11/17/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/8pv3hR5NAJ5fHeBC23eecK4DbD8ziu6F
*This is for the 1st dose of the vaccine. A 2nd dose clinic is scheduled for 3 weeks after first dose
Clínica de vacunación de Pfizer contra COVID-19!! See the attached flyer in Spanish.
*Las vacunas son gratis
Quienes: Mayores de 5
- Abierto a todas las edades, mayores de 5
- Y no necesita estar inscrito en los Centros de Salud Escolar
Donde & Cuando:
- Escuela Elementaria de Dillon Valley: 11/11/21 de 4:30pm a 6:30pm
- Escuela Elementaria de Dillon Silverthorne: 11/17/21 de 4:30 a 6:30pm
Como: Debe hacer previo registro en en enlace debajo
- Escuela Elementaria Dillon Valley 11/11/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/2wGBizjZE7CoXfcaV8HngsxHBHdEZzMi
Escuela Elementaria Silverthorne 11/17/21: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/clinic/private_registration/8pv3hR5NAJ5fHeBC23eecK4DbD8ziu6F
If you are interested in the opportunity to test yourself and your family for COVID at home, you may choose to order FREE Binax tests form the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Follow this link to access this opportunity: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-testing-at-home
Thursday, December 16th | 6:30-8pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | jueves, 16 de diciembre | 6:30-8pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Your everyday and local flower shop, Blue Vessel Florista, is excited to be connecting with the community through a workshop to welcome winter, and create your own mixed greenery winter wreath. They make great holiday gifts, and you might even want to keep yours!
*FREE* All ages, backgrounds, and abilities welcome!* Materials are provided, but limited *
RSVPs not required, but appreciated.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org | 7192935533
- Su florería local, Blue Vessel Florista, se complace en conectarse con la comunidad a través de un taller para dar la bienvenida al invierno y crear su propia guirnalda de flores mixtas. Son excelentes regalos navideños e incluso es posible que desee quedarse con el suyo.
*GRATIS* Todas edades, culturas, y habilidades son bienvenidas * Materiales proporcionados, pero limitados *
Reservaciones no requeridas, pero apreciadas.
Más información: email@example.com | 7192935533
December 11-18th | 10-2pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | 11-16 de diciembre | 10-2pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Join us for our annual Frozen Treasure Hunt! Starting the on December 11th, our Frozen Treasures will be all over Lake County; find them at the Fish Hatchery, CMC Trails, & Ice Palace Park. Go out with your family, and see how many of them you can find! Send us your pictures (email/text) to be entered into our drawing.
Then, join us on December 18th from 10am-2pm for a Community Celebration, and a chance to find more Frozen Treasures around the CMC Trails. We will be serving chili, pozole, and warm beverages. Snowshoes, cross country skis, and warm layers will be available for borrowing.
**FREE, all ages, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures welcome!
- ¡Únase a nosotros para nuestra búsqueda anual de los Tesoros Congelados! A partir del 11 de diciembre, nuestros Tesoros Congelados estarán por todo el Condado de Lake; encuéntrelos en el Fish Hatchery, los senderos de CMC y en el parque Ice Palace. ¡Salga con su familia y vea cuántos de ellos puede encontrar! Envíenos sus fotos (correo electrónico / texto) para incluirlos en nuestra rifa.
Luego, únase a nosotros el 18 de diciembre de 10 am a 2 pm para una Celebración Comunitaria y la oportunidad de encontrar más Tesoros Congelados alrededor de los senderos de CMC. Estaremos sirviendo chili, pozole y bebidas calientes. Las raquetas de nieve, los esquís nórdicos y ropa de invierno estarán disponibles para tomar prestado.
** ¡GRATIS, todas las edades, habilidades, antecedentes y culturas son bienvenidas!
Name the Leadville Railroad Polar Bear Contest!
December 6-16 Re-Group Week, must attend until Golden Ticket signed-off
December 17-January 2 Winter Break January 3 School Resumes