News from LCHS
Graduating Class of 2021 Happenings: Please remember that masks are still necessary for large community gatherings. These events are about celebrating our students! Please follow our local health guidelines and keep these safe, fun, and student-centered events!
Thursday, June 3rd:
3 pm Graduation Practice – Group A – This is mandatory to attend if you plan to participate in graduation
4 pm Graduation Practice – Group B – This is mandatory to attend if you plan to participate in graduation
4:50 pm Arrive for Senior Motorcade (Location: North Parking Lot of the High School)
5:00 pm Senior Motorcade through Leadville departs (See attached MAP for motorcade route.)
Friday, June 4th: 1 pm Senior Walk to other schools
Saturday, June 5th:
Monday, June 7th: 10 am to 4 pm Return Gowns to LCHS Front Office
ZOOM Information for Graduation:
Both Ceremonies will be available to watch over Zoom in English and Spanish. (Zoom link is here: https://zoom.us/j/96252806878?pwd=VjcyWHl6dWhLZUJId3dwbFRUQVVuUT09)
The week of June 1st, after memorial day, all students will take the end of year NWEA-MAPS tests. This will help us see their progress and understand their learning over the course of this challenging year. All HS students need to plan to come in person on their A or B days that week. We will make a separate plan for Ms. Radilla’s crew. 7-8th grade students will also take NWEA that week as well.
Finals: We will run our normal schedule for both 7-8 and 9-11 the last week of school, June 14-17. Finals will be given during that last week of school. 9-11 finals will be given virtually consistent with our current model of instruction and similar to what we did at the end of semester 1.
Sport Eligibility Checks: Grades will be pulled for eligibility in our athletic programs on the following dates:
- High School — May 28
- Junior High — June 4
End of Year Cornerstone Date: Tuesday, June 8th. We want to use this opportunity to end the year on a fun note and bring entire crews together. Be sure to come dressed to be outside and bring water!
Summer is the Perfect Time for Your Teen to do Drivers Ed! (see the attached flyer)
Your choice of driver’s education is an important milestone in your student’s life. Summer break is an excellent time for students 14 ½ and older to start taking classes for a Colorado permit. When you choose the online program, hosted through Lake County Schools, you can help your student become a safe driver for life and support your school at the same time!
Why go through us?
- Our online program increases the confidence and knowledge of your student in a variety of driving situations.
- The program is designed to be equivalent to an in-person classroom experience. Your student will learn all the content of the classroom from the convenience of your own home.
- The curriculum is based on knowledge, not fear! We focus on defensive and safe driving habits to help make your student become a safe driver for life.
- Interactive games and videos make the learning experience fun and engaging.
- Your student can access the online program anytime, anywhere! It works on all devices. All you need is a working Internet connection.
- Everything is self-paced. When life gets busy, your student can pick up the course at any time.
- After you enroll in our online program, we receive a donation to help fund school programs. Not only does your student learn the basics of driving, but you can feel good about supporting your school.
Sign up today to get your student on track in the world of driver’s education this summer.
Just click here: https://lakecountyschools.bedrivingus.com/enroll
*You must be 14 ½ or older to start driver’s education, and you must be 15 to get your permit in Colorado. We offer the CO Express Course to students over the age of 16.
May 28 HS Girls Soccer vs Pagosa Springs, Community Field, 5:00
June 2 HS Track and Field Hayden Invitational @ Hayden 10:00
June 2 HS Girls Soccer vs KIPP 4:00
June 4 HS Track and Field Friday Night Lights @ Pueblo West HS 6:00
June 5 LCSD Graduation Ceremonies, Group A 9:00, Group B Noon
June 7 HS Girls Soccer vs Buena Vista, Community Field, 4:00
June 8 HS Track and Field League Championships, Pole Vault Only @ Platte Canyon 4:00
June 9 HS Girls Soccer @ Bennett 6:00
June 10 HS Track and Field League Championships @ Bennett 2:00
June 12 Musical Performance – Intermission is Over! A Musical Revue, The Old Church, Harrison Avenue, 7:00
June 13 Musical Performance – Intermission is Over! A Musical Revue, The Old Church, Harrison Avenue, 2:00