LCES Friday Afternoon Parent Update 8/20/2021
Thank you all for helping make the first week of school a great success for our students. It was fun to see students engaged in learning new school procedures, playing with friends, and enjoying being together. Thank you for all your help in making this week a success. Also, thank you for your patience and understanding with our new pick up procedures. We will continue to work to make this process faster.
- If your student’s after school transportation plans change, please call the office at 719-486-6890 by 2:30 to insure delivery of a note.
- Please send your student with extra clothing in their backpack in case of an accident.
- Please make sure that water bottles, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. are labeled with the student’s name.
- For parent drop off, please drop students off in the drop off lane that goes to the back of the school. Due to limited parking, we encourage you to please drop all students off this way.
- If you are dropping your student off after 8:10, please walk them to the front office to check in.
- For parent pick up, please wait to arrive at LCES until after 3:15. We will open the parent pick up lane after the last bus has entered.
- If you are walking to pick students up, please come to the front of the building and wait outside the main door until your child is called out.
- Please screen your children at home before sending them to school. You do not need to fill out a paper. If your child has any of the following symptoms, please keep them home and call the school.
- shortness of breath or difficulty breaking
- Chills/muscle aches/headaches
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Exposed to someone with COVID or with symptoms
- Fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Please send your student with a mask to wear.
- Please send your student with a water bottle to use. The drinking fountains will not be open for use.
Thank you all for helping us follow these protocols so that we can do our part to keep kids safe and engaged in learning.
Project Dream programs begin Monday! If your student is registered for programs, they should have received a confirmation sheet on Thursday with their days of after school and information for Friday programming. Please see below for important transportation information.
After School Programming
Due to an extreme shortage of bus drivers, we are unable to provide transportation home from Project Dream after school programs. If your student is participating in afterschool programs, they will need to be picked up at their school no later than 5:45pm. Please note that you will need to enter the school building to sign your student out.
We are still working to secure a bus for Friday programming with Project Dream. However, capacity will be extremely limited. If your student is participating in Friday programming, please plan on dropping them off between 8:30-8:45am and picking them up between 3:15-3:30pm unless you have been in contact with the Site Supervisor at your child’s school.
Contact Michelle Cox with any questions – 719-293-5363 – email@example.com
Again, thank you all for a great week. I look forward to engaging in more learning this next week with students and to continue watching them grow and learn.