LCES Friday Afternoon Parent Update 8/27/2021
We have a great second week of school at LCES this week. It was so much fun to see students in classrooms learning and engaging in the work. It is also great to see our students following our habits of a learner: Perseverance, Collaboration, Craftsmanship, Compassion, Responsibility, Curiosity, and Respect. Students can earn Crew Cards each day for showing these habits and be entered to win a prize each week. Be sure to ask your student how they are showing these habits at school.
- Be sure to check your student’s backpack on Thursday for their Thursday folder/papers. This is when any important papers are sent home.
- If your student’s after school transportation plans change, please call the office at 719-486-6890 by 2:30.
- Please send your student with extra clothing in their backpack in case of an accident.
- Please make sure that water bottles, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. are labeled with the students name.
- If you have a Kindergartener and have not already done so, please bring in their most recent shot record to Lynette in the front office.
- Please screen your children at home before sending them to school. You do not need to fill out a paper. If your child has any of the following symptoms, please keep them home and call the school.
- shortness of breath or difficulty breaking
- Chills/muscle aches/headaches
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Exposed to someone with COVID or with symptoms
- Fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Please send your student with a mask to wear.
- Please send your student with a water bottle to use. The drinking fountains will not be open for use.
Thank you all for helping us follow these protocols so that we can do our part to keep kids safe and engaged in learning.
Project Dream started this past week! If you have any questions about Project Dream, please reach out to Michelle Cox at – 719-293-5363 – email@example.com
Again, thank you all for your help making this week such a great success. Please reach out at any time if you have any questions or concerns.