LCES Friday Parent Update 9/3/2021
We had a great week at LCES and are excited to see how much students are already learning. Be sure to ask your student what they are learning in class. The past few weeks, students collaborated together to create this beautiful banner in our main hallway. Shout out to Ms. McKenzie for working with our students to create this beautiful space.
Information and Reminders:
- Remember we have no school on Monday, September 6th in observance of Labor Day. We will have school on Friday, September 10th.
- If you know your student is going to be absent, please reach out to the front office and your student’s teacher at least two days in advance to request homework. If that is not possible, teachers will have homework available when the student returns.
- Be sure to check your student’s backpack on Thursday for their Thursday folder/papers. This is when any important papers are sent home.
- If your student’s after school transportation plans change, please call the office at 719-486-6890 by 2:30.
- Please send your student with extra clothing in their backpack in case of an accident.
- Please make sure that water bottles, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. are labeled with the students name.
- If you have a Kindergartener and have not already done so, please bring in their most recent shot record to Lynette in the front office.
Please remember that there will be no Project Dream or Friday Programming on September 10th and 17th. If you have any questions about Project Dream, please reach out to Michelle Cox at – 719-293-5363 – email@example.com
Thank you all for making these first few weeks of school in our new building a great success. Please reach out at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
9/6 ~ NO SCHOOL – Holiday
9/7~ There will be school this day (Monday holiday)
9/13-15 ~ Vision/Hearing testing
9/14 ~ Project Dream Family Education Night
9/21 ~ K-2 Picture retake day
9/21 – Second Grade outdoor community meeting
9/23 ~ First Grade outdoor community meeting
9/30 ~ Kindergarten outdoor community meeting