News from LCHS 9/16/21
Dear LCHS Parents & Guardians,
Our Cornerstone Day was a huge success and a lot of great fun. Students came back with smiles on their faces and new memories with their crew!
We are in the full swing of things. Classes are deep into their content. Please ensure your child is at school every day. The work builds on the previous day(s), and it can be difficult to catch up, even after one absence.
Our fall sports program is also well underway. The teams are off to a great start, and we get the chance to celebrate them during Homecoming Week, which is the last week of September. Our Student Senate has put together a spirit packed schedule. Here it is:
- 9/27 Monday: Hippies/60’s
- 9/28 Tuesday: Pajama Day and Stuffed Animals
- 9/29 Wednesday: Western “Western Wednesday”
- 9/30 Thursday: Purple and Gold, Homecoming Parade at 4pm
- 10/1: Crowning of Homecoming King & Queen at intermission/halftime of Boys’ Soccer Game. Homecoming Dance from 7-10 at LCHS (high school students only)
Many of our teams have home games during this week as well. Come on and cheer them on!
Below you find some additional information about October Count, as well as how you might become a substitute teacher for us if you’re interested.
Thanks for another great week!
LCHS Interim Principal
October Count: Each year our schools have an official day in which attendance of students is counted. This count of students is used to calculate funding our district will receive from the state. Typically, this count date is October 1st. Because we run a four day calendar and will not have school on October 1st, our official count day will be September 30th. Thank you in advance for your support of having students in attendance on September 30th this year.
Board of Education Meetings move to Monday’s
The Board of Education voted at the Regular Meeting on Sept. 14, 2021, to change their meeting nights to the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meeting information is located on the district website (lakecountyschools.net)-under Board of Education-Meetings and Minutes (link is here)
If you have any questions regarding meetings or the board, please reach out to Bunny Taylor at email@example.com or 719-486-6805 for more information.
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes Spring semester of 2021 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country, and MS Football and field and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Official CHASSA Eligibility Regain Date (HS Only):
Volleyball: October 4th
Soccer: September 27th
Cross Country: September 27th
Friday September 17
- MS Football @ Homestake Peak 4:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday September 18
- HS Cross Country Gunnison Invite @ Gunnison 9am
- MS Volleyball @ Summit MS (Tournament) 8am
Monday September 20
- MS Volleyball @ VMS 4:14pm- 7:15pm
Tuesday September 21
- HS Volleyball @ Middle Park 4:00pm-7:30pm
- MS Football @ Summit 4:00pm- 7:00pm
Wednesday September 22
- HS Boys Soccer VS The Academy @ Broomfield Commons 4:00pm-6:00pm
- MS Volleyball VS Eagle Valley @ LCIS 4:15pm-7:15pm
- HS Cross Country CMC Invite @ CMC 8:30am- 12:30pm
- MS Volleyball @ Summit (6th Grade Jamboree) 9:00am- 12:00pm
- HS Boys Soccer @ Moffat County 11:00am-1:00pm
- MS Boys Soccer @ Berry Creek Middle School 2:20pm- 3:50pm
Full Circle and Lake County Build a Generation want to remind everyone that children ages 12 and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to help protect themselves and their family. Please see the attached flyer, contact Stacy Contreras at Full Circle (719-286-0108), or talk with your child’s doctor to learn more.